perazzi stocks and forends

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bugsey hogan

Went to a well respected gunshop today to discuss some options regarding buying a better stock and forend for my mx2000s they had mx 12 stocks and forends in stock. I was somewhat suprised to be told these would not fit as my action was too narrow. I thought mx 2000S was mx12 action and mx2000 was mx8 I also assumed forends were interchangable between both. Has anybody had experience concerning this and be able to advise :???:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have assumed the same as you. As far as I knew mx12 and 2000s were the same action. I guess someone will enlighten us!

Forends are individual to the barrel profile ie if I have six barrels the forends will not interchange. Perazzi removeable triggers are different stock head to fixed trigger Perazzi but there are only two shapes. That said if you swap stocks about you can hear them split at the head..an excruciating single ping as you tighten the stock bolt. What you do is go to the factory and they will make you a perfectly fitted stock and forend from the wood you choose. Or you can just buy a common or garden machine made gun such as a Blaser or Krieghoff.

I knew about diff between fixed and drop out trigger actions, but not about the ping sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forends are individual to the barrel profile ie if I have six barrels the forends will not interchange. Perazzi removeable triggers are different stock head to fixed trigger Perazzi but there are only two shapes. That said if you swap stocks about you can hear them split at the head..an excruciating single ping as you tighten the stock bolt. What you do is go to the factory and they will make you a perfectly fitted stock and forend from the wood you choose. Or you can just buy a common or garden machine made gun such as a Blaser or Krieghoff.
Thats the sort of thing that used to be said about browning b25s perhaps one of the reasons they are not as popular as they once were.If I thought that reflected perazzi s views I would take my money elsewhere. That being said i've owned it since 2007 and is the best gun I ve ever shot but I wont be dictated to by someone trying to sell me something.

Thats the sort of thing that used to be said about browning b25s perhaps one of the reasons they are not as popular as they once were.If I thought that reflected perazzi s views I would take my money elsewhere. That being said i've owned it since 2007 and is the best gun I ve ever shot but I wont be dictated to by someone trying to sell me something.
There are people in this country who can make you a new set of wood. Or order a set of sc wood from the factory, they will make to whatever dimensions you want. Then get a stock man to make sure its fits on the action properly.

I am sure it has been said numerous times but Mutley on here is a stocker and will make to the requirements of the shooter and the gun. Its a no brainer why traipse half way across Europe to have a stock made. Now if I was buying a brand new Perazzi I would make a holiday of it and go to the factory and have a gun made just for me. The basic wood I believe cost no more than off the shelf but you can choose something a bit more exotic at extra cost... plus you get to tour the factory and try your gun before you leave... and lets not forget a great stay in one of the very nicest parts of Italy. 

Fashion I think has a lot to do with it. CG's are fashionable at the moment, it will be interesting to see how long it lasts until their used price becomes 25% of the new price, as it is with B2G's currently. Not that the two makes are comparable really, a £3K used B25 is still a fantastic bit of hand-made kit. The CG just isn't. Kreighoff are on a roll at the moment, as are Perazzi but these things go in cycles. Watch this space.

The only dropout trigger stocks that will not interchange are the new HiTech things.  A 1968 MX8 will fit any MX8 type action if the bolt release mechanism is cut properly and the tangs fitted properly - just like any semi-custom stock.  I have a late T4 stock on a 1972 T2 and it required very little fitting.  So little that I did it.  The fixed trigger things are different thru time I think since I tried a MX12 on an '80's MT6 and the tangs were at different angles.  Different enough that I passed on a way pretty stock.  I don't know if that is the case or not but a Perazzi stock list that I have from the 90's (?) notes that MT6 and MX12 are mechanically interchangeable but wood is proud or lower depending which way it goes.  I suspect that the 2000S may have the same problem but I really don't know.  Do the 2000S and the MX12 both have the MX8 style exterior bolsters or flat sided like a MT6?  That would make for narrow on the flat sided end.

It is amazing tho how many cracked stocks I have seen and a testimony to the meatheads' attitude of "it WILL fit!".  I have one that is a project that was massively cracked, rather ineptly repaired, and massively cracked again.  Took some extensive removal of material and a pile of acraglas but it fits fine on one of the Mirages now hahaha

I suspect that the reason B25s lost popularity was the cost and availability. 
B25's are still very popular down here. An old chap at the club I shoot at had a beauty lovely engraved action and the rib 18mm ! It is like looking down a pavement. I kicked myself when I found out he sold it for €1500 but I would just have been buying a really lovely gun I doubt I would have used it.

Thanks for the input guys. Think I will give Chris Potter a call sometime see if I can get some enlightenment there. If not guess I'm going to have to find out the hard way buy a stock and forend and try it. 

Latest posts

Back