OSP Clinic Feedback

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildZebra

Hi there, i'm looking for advice/feedback on the OSP training school (Gil and Vicky Ash) and particularly their 1 and 2 day clinics

1. Do you think it was worthwhile/good value for money?
  2. Do you recommend 1 or 2 days?
  3. What skill level do I need to be at to attend (note their website says you should be hitting 50%
  4. Anything else that will help me make the decision
The course costs $525 per day so it's not a small investment - that said I have heard good things about them and i'm just looking for some reassurance.

Thanks

Adam

There is probably still a thread in the archive about the workshop they did in the UK in 2013.
Thanks ehb10 - I went on a search hunt ie 'osp', 'vicky ash', 'gil ash', 'clinic' and couldn't find anything unfortunately (i'm a good netizen, don't post unless i've searched first :))

That said, anyone else?

Adam

Yes there is a full review of the clinic on this forum. If you type "Ed Lyons Gil Ash Shootclay" into a search engine. You will see a link to thread, I just tried it for you and it worked.

Yes there is a full review of the clinic on this forum. If you type "Ed Lyons Gil Ash Shootclay" into a search engine. You will see a link to thread, I just tried it for you and it worked.
Hi Hardfocus, thanks for this - unfortunately I am not seeing the same results as you / i'm just literally missing the thread that i'm supposed to click on ....

Could you send me a link directly to the thread in question - thanks...

notfound.JPG

Gil has some good stuff to say, but he does come across like the primary school teacher who doesn't like you. ?

I think there are far better ways to spend $1050. With far more reward and benefit.

The internet can be a wonderful source of information , providing you understand the advice and then practice it.

For £1050 you could have many sessions with a good instructor/coach.

Many of these seminar type days actually cost a lot per hour if you analyse the actual amount of one to one time with the 'expert'.

Gil has some good stuff to say, but he does come across like the primary school teacher who doesn't like you. ?
Thanks for the feedback Will, really appreciate it.

That's definitely some interesting feedback about Gil's style haha.  I am an Australian living in the US and I have certainly had to adjust to the way information is communicated as a general rule.  :)

I think there are far better ways to spend $1050. With far more reward and benefit.

The internet can be a wonderful source of information , providing you understand the advice and then practice it.

For £1050 you could have many sessions with a good instructor/coach.

Many of these seminar type days actually cost a lot per hour if you analyse the actual amount of one to one time with the 'expert'.
Thanks for the feedback Salopian - really appreciate it.

I certainly acknowledge (and agree) that the internet/videos etc can be great resources if applied correctly.  

For me personally my learning style matches up very well with getting immediate feedback f2f from an instructor.  I am currently taking 1:1 lessons with a Level 1 instructor - that said I can already see that the style that this coach is applying has a limited shelf life with me and therefore i'm interested in trying someone else out.

Balancing that out, you are right, $1,050 IS a lot of money to spend and I am considering if more 1:1 time with an instructor beats out a workshop environment where i'm sharing my time between 5.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback

Adam

Becoming proficient at clayshooting will be an ever ending conversational topic.

But realistically we must start with Goal setting.

Do you want to enjoy shooting clays, then shoot with friends.

Do you want to be very good, then learn everything you possibly can from everyone .

If you aspire to be a champion then you must train with champions, learn their techniques and note their mindsets.

There is much debate that you MUST learn off Champions and only Champions can teach.

That could not be further from the truth, my good friend AJ Smith was a true champion who could give good advice but could not teach.

I have taught for over forty years, but have not shot competitively for many years, BUT I can see what you are doing wrong and can offer advice on how to hit targets and improve, also offering a method , a programme and exercises to steadily improve .

Everyone's ability is ultimately in the hands of themselves .

Latest posts

Back