Orston England team selection shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just spoke with A good shooter who had a bad day with 83 he said 95 was winning but thought a 97 should win it , that's all I know sorry

Sean bramley won it with 95 which was good shooting, Scott Greenfield 94 and Ed 93 I believe. Couldn't see much more than 95 there thought that was good shooting. Was a good shoot but not overly difficult.

Cracking shoot at Orston, its difficulty was the relentlessness of the targets meaning no easy stands but none terrifyingly difficult either. Well worth the visit and great fun shooting in the sunshine for a change :)

Officially the furthest I have ever driven for 100 reg and very nearly didn't bother but very glad that I did in the end. Really enjoyed the shoot and must say I thought the ground was first class. Couldn't quite match the quality of the targets or competition but if nothing else it was a good warm up for The Classic. Personally I think anything over 90 was going some on that layout.

I had a lot of shooters come back to garlands from orston and they all said the same rick , funny how different people see shoots differently , spose a lot of it is how they shoot !!!!

Really good shoot, I think the difficulty level was pitched just right, challenging enough to sort the top shots out but still enjoyable for the rest of us. The targets were all there to be hit, agreed nothing ridiculous or left to luck.
The facilities at Orston are second to none.

I enjoyed it, only one stand I did not like, simo pair coming from behind, I had difficulty in seeing the 2nd bird. I saw the guy in front just drop 1 so it was doable, just I could not see the 2nd bird so did not enjoy that stand

The rest I thought were good targets and I enjoyed myself. :)

Good layout as usual, no gimmes and nice to see a good crosser at distance (65/70yard) and a mix of birds. Caught lots of people out by the looks of it. I started with a shocker (missed first 2 r-l bunnies at 30 yards) and missed 2 fast overheads but otherwise pretty happy. If you found the big crossers (I did) I though 96 was doable if you were in top gear. Well done guys, good day out.

I shot at Orston yesterday for the first time, actually watched Ed Solomons, Rosie Brumby and Chris Childerhouse shoot the Pool.

My first thoughts were and still are ,what a lovely ground just wish it wasn't nearly 200 miles from home. I thought the targets were just right for a selection shoot. I came away with a crap score knowing that I could and should have done better. I didn't feel demoralised by the targets which I think is very important.

Good layout as usual, no gimmes and nice to see a good crosser at distance (65/70yard) and a mix of birds. Caught lots of people out by the looks of it. I started with a shocker (missed first 2 r-l bunnies at 30 yards) and missed 2 fast overheads but otherwise pretty happy. If you found the big crossers (I did) I though 96 was doable if you were in top gear. Well done guys, good day out.
Yep I reckon if I could shoot it again I'd hit errr 85! Couldn't find the big crosser and completely messed up the dustbin incomer/report mini stand.

Oh and the two floaty things off the tower. Other than that I was sh*t hot!

Haha dustbin and mini... I shot 7ex 8 and missed the 3rd dustbin lid! Had to send the second barrel after it :-0

Was happy with a 9 on the floaty crossers as quite wind effected. You doing barbury this Sunday mate?

I must get into the habit of double tapping the first bird if its the easier of the pair. Might pick up the odd bird if I did..... might!

Would like to do Barbury as it sounds like a cracker - guess it'll depend on how much of a hiding I take at Churchills on Friday.

I must get into the habit of double tapping the first bird if its the easier of the pair. Might pick up the odd bird if I did..... might!

Would like to do Barbury as it sounds like a cracker - guess it'll depend on how much of a hiding I take at Churchills on Friday.
We can chat on Friday then matey!

Back