Olympic Blue fizzle/pop

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlesP

Today I had an Eley Olympic Blue go Fffft on me. No sign of shot or anything, no wad left in the barrel. I can only assume the primer was sufficient to expel the wad s and shot.

This is only a couple of weeks after a Sportsman Gun Centre Super Smoker did the same to my mate, but with him there was a hard wad left in the bore.

Two cartridges, both I suspect Eley loaded. Not good!

May I urge users of these cartridges to remain very vigilant!

Today I had an Eley Olympic Blue go Fffft on me. No sign of shot or anything, no wad left in the barrel. I can only assume the primer was sufficient to expel the wad s and shot.

This is only a couple of weeks after a Sportsman Gun Centre Super Smoker did the same to my mate, but with him there was a hard wad left in the bore.

Two cartridges, both I suspect Eley loaded. Not good!

May I urge users of these cartridges to remain very vigilant!
Sounds familiar,fantastic cartridge(when they go off),changed to hull superfast as was having one or two misfires at every other reg shoot.none since using hull??

Never had an issue with Eley Olympics or the the newer Olympic blues, in fact thinking of going back to them as the Bornaghi's that i have been using are so hard to get hold of.

I think it is possible to get the odd batch of ANY make of cartridge that can cause problems. It is how many and how often ?  I find the current Eley cartridges to be very dirty, especially in fibre wads. I have been shooting their 20 bore range and although they work very well, they are dirty. I also had some Hull Comp X that were 'slow' and got the remainder exchanged for the Superfast, I have used them since and never had a problem.

Eley plastic wad were very clean fast and hard hitting through my blaser,hull are very good but don't seem to dust quite as many as eley,definitely different guns prefer certain brands.At the end of the day they are all more consistent than i am,so as long as they are cheap and i smoke one now and again I'm happy?

8a60f94a-e169-4fb8-832e-37f7160dd3ae.jpg

all you do is take the remainder back to were you bought them explain what the problem is swap em for a different batch no or different make and let the bloke who sold em to you work it out with eley.

I have had bad batches of various makes over the years it happens, for me if it happens twice I go to another type of cartridge. I buy five k a couple of months before the season starts and ensure there all the same batch no, that way you can test them before it matters.

incidentally I am now on my second batch of fiocchi that have left me less than impressed so I am looking to change very soon.

Been shooting Clever now for more than two years and ...touch wood... never had a miss fire or dud in more than 14k used.

Latest posts

Back