Nutty

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well you seem to never have any hold ups between squads, rarely any referring issues due to "propper" refs being employed. Very rarely any breakdowns. Just my opinion from my experience.

OK forget what I said earlier. The ladies shot three separate layouts along with the men. 

Tomorrow they are using all four layouts for the men so no consistency in layouts shot by all shooters. Fair or not?

i shot A, B and C today, start on D tomorrow then I assume A. Harry also shot A B and C today but starts tomorrow on C again, then I assume D. 

DT

as for selection shoots at Lonato, I'm in :)

I am trying to get scores and report but no luck yet

I suppose it would mate BUT we would be robbed of three or four shoots on the calendar.

I suppose it would mate BUT we would be robbed of three or four shoots on the calendar.
Yes that's true mate, mind you it would save a lot of people quite a few quid in fuel and hotel costs! ?

yes. As you know for some reason I could not get motivated this year and the travel was a major factor. I must admit that today I did have a twitch and wondered if I made the right decision but hey ho what can you do.

as nuttys website is dire and rarely if ever updated with scores even during major shoots such as this can someone please take a pic of the board and post scores or have a word with nutty staff and ask them to bung it on there webby.

thanks

been trying to post the full scores but don't have attachment space left on my account. Can someone tell me how to delete photos in 'my attachments'? Doesn't seem to be a delete option anywhere??

DT

How did you and Harry do Greg?
I did a 111 (23,22,22,22,22). A PB for a 125 target comp but sick of seeing 22's though. Guess I must have had a luck break on round 1 :) Stupid mistakes costing me three targets a round Grrrrrrr!! Must try harder next time.

was even beaten by one of those hedge monkey types as Mark Winser was there with his partner. He shot a 114 including a straight. I guess if you shoot as well as him you can shoot anything?

Harry had a disappointing weekend after such a good few weeks leading up to the selection shoot. He posted a 107 (23,18,21,23,22). Not a bad score but that 18 on round 2 cost him big time as the way the other juniors were shooting there was no coming back from that. 

Some big scores in and lots of rumblings about soft targets. Can't say I noticed. 

Ill post the full results when I get some more Attachment space.

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a 111 (23,22,22,22,22). A PB for a 125 target comp but sick of seeing 22's though. Guess I must have had a luck break on round 1 :) Stupid mistakes costing me three targets a round Grrrrrrr!! Must try harder next time.

Harry had a disappointing weekend after such a good few weeks leading up to the selection shoot. He posted a 107 (23,18,21,23,22). Not a bad score but that 18 on round 2 cost him big time as the way the other juniors were shooting there was no coming back from that. 

Some big scores in and lots of rumblings about soft targets. Can't say I noticed. 

Ill post the full results when I get some more Attachment space.

DT
Well done to both of you! Those scores are hardly a flippin disaster Greg!   :)

Try telling Harry that! The top junior was Lewis Owen from Wales. He posted a 119 ( including 50 straight for his first two rounds!).

Its all about ranking points so Harry is already 12 behind :(

From my side I know I have no chance of qualification but just want to shoot the very best I can. I know a 111 is OK but can't help but reflecting that it could have been quite a bit higher. Our target for the WE was to break a 110 so in my case mission accomplished but.....what might have been?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
Try telling Harry that! The top junior was Lewis Owen from Wales. He posted a 119 ( including 50 straight for his first two rounds! 

Its all about ranking points so Harry is already 12 behind :(

DT
Oh I see, well I'm sure he will get there, even those at the top can fail. 

It was a good shoot overall. Some pretty monster scores posted which is encouraging but also a far cry form the Nutty of old where scores were generally pretty low. Likely the banking helping as I used to find the targets left the traps fast as anything then died in height and speed as they got further out which could have been due to the winds pushing them down and the target flying into a head wind. With the new banking this is all but eliminated which makes for more even air across the layouts so it could be percieved as "soft targets" when in actuality they are just more in line with what they should be. 

I shoot there regularly and scores have definitely been on the up for some months.  I think the higher earth bank and the new Vivaz clays which are a good colour and break well are contributory factors. 

Back