News from FITASC GB - please read

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nic, if they are that weak, then I will wait, it won't be me ringing the changes but I would support all the good ideas currently being discussed.

Some directors do not even turn up for the meetings......check out the minutes of the board meetings.....oh hang on ...you cannot check....because they do not put them on line....you have to beg for them from the 'secretary'.

(Well I have asked that I be sent them, since the day I left....and.....to now....how many minutes of meetings do you think the 'secretary' has sent me (considering I was the BICTSF treasurer for a year when they were struggling for someone to do it).....yes you have it.....NONE...! )

So.....I hope someone does improve BICTSF and quick. Try getting the minutes online for a start. Or....try getting the website up to date....or in the current century...... :wink:

If directors don't turn up then get rid of them, its hugely disrespectful to the others who have been bothered to turn up. Putting minutes online is very simple and a trained chimpanzee could manage it so there is no excuse for it not to be done now. Please explain to me why there are 2 representives from each home nation?

MM it is historic that there are 2 reps for each discipline....so that they can run the selection shoots, team selection etc etc. the 2 each for the home nations is because they represent their body and its members. Remember the shooter is a member of their home nation and not BICTSF.

You cannot just 'get rid' of a director of a limited company. But the articles say if they miss 3 in a row....then they lose their directorship. Check out the articles for BICTSF and you will see the make up. Each director is there for his full 2 year term....unless they decide to resign.

P.s. when I was on there...it was the President who did not like the idea of the minutes going on line for all to see. ....and not enough people on the board backed up those that wanted them to go on line.

So simple test for all....try to get 'understandable' minutes put on line....and try to get your 2 directors for Compak discipline put on the Board....£20 says you will get neither.

Plus meetings every now and then.....with several members missing....means nothing gets done in real time. Use email you may say.....and I reply that 70% never reply even when the subject matter was urgent.

I really hope you can engage enough people to move it forward.....but with only 4 more than the board turning up to an AGM.....I doubt it.

And there is the first issue, its a Ltd company (as is the CPSA) this is done to give them legal personality and to protect the Board from liability BUT it also means the members are its guarantors and not shareholders. In a company limited by guarantee, there are no shareholders, but the company must have one or more members. Subject to any special provisions in the company's articles, the members will be entitled to attend general meetings and vote, and in most company's that means they can appoint and remove the directors, and have ultimate control over the company. If BICTSF Ltd is setup like this who exactly are the members?

Well strictly speaking the members....when 'we' set it up...(I was one of those driving for limited status seeing as I had a lot more than a pot to piss in :wink: ).....we're the directors. The BICTSF does not have a membership as such....although it was left open to start one. ....but the proposal to create a membership failed when it came to the board.

As members of the home nations are affiliated to BICTSF.....any of those members who shoot ISSF or FITASC disciplines can turn up and vote at an AGM.

I doubt if they would check anymore....because they will be pleased to see more come through the door.....unless too many come through....in which case something would be going on.

This is why directors have a bet each year amongst themselves as to how many turn up and how long the AGM takes. I always refused to play that game.

sounds incredibly professional, so still not sure who the members are or is it just a board of directors and no members?

:fie:  I have spoken to "Jules" at Wylye today and he says that neither him or the other Fitasc "rep" on the International board has resigned?   They have the choice of who sits on the fitasc sub committee so nothing changes. :hunter:   :hunter:

No one said they had, it was the sub committee that resign except Nick and Jules as they are board members

Latest posts

Back