News from FITASC GB - please read

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

- Winston Churchill

Don't listen to the pessimists Matt or we are all doomed and should all just give up now. just saying :spiteful:

"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

- Winston Churchill

Don't listen to the pessimists Matt or we are all doomed and should all just give up now. just saying :spiteful:
Yeah I agree with you Shaun ....I have got my feet up ......watching closely.....popcorn ready......!

Good luck sorting it out Matt.....it certainly needs it....or all the sub-committee would not have resigned.

If the advice was listened to by sporting sub committee we would have had the best English and British ever , 4 years ago now nic but hey ho that's boards and directors I suppose can't please everyone

If the advice was listened to by sporting sub committee we would have had the best English and British ever , 4 years ago now nic but hey ho that's boards and directors I suppose can't please everyone
Seeeeeeeeeeee .......I told everyone that....but they do not listen.

Thanks Steve for coming on and pointing that out. You Coiln and all the others spent a lot of time on that committee and a lot of hard work......to have all the ideas rejected by the numpties.

Is it still going or has it disappeared completely now...?(we are talking English Sporting peeps in this bit.....for those who know nothing)

No I have heard nothing since John perry left real shame because the sub committee consisted of ground owners , directors and most importantly sponsors , who explained what they expected from a sponsorship deal

It was Colin who was the driving force behind that committee being set up....and now he is gone tooooo.

:fie:  I told ALL the "numptees" that were going to change the world and the CPSA  some years ago that they were wasting their time (and Nicola)  and I was shouted down by them!

"He that lives longest see's most! :fie:  

Quite. But each new person who comes along...feels they have to try....we have all done that the minute we sit on the committees and boards . Sadly there is no protection there to stop people from getting into positions well over their head or 'experience'....and after the New Articles are passed......it will be even harder to make a change. Our opinions are about to become extinct.

The best con....is the sub committees where people genuinely join in order to help....they spent hours and hours of time and yet are being played....because they do not have a vote ....but it keeps them quiet.

The only vote and chance of change is at Director level....and we all know the new move...that the director does not have to vote how their region or sub committee want them to. They are free to discuss at board and then if required....vote against those who sent them there.

I have served on club, county and regional committees for more years than I care to remember like most who try to move our sport forward and try to do something different to improve things there is always somebody who disagrees  to after a while you wonder why you bother ?. The one lesson I have learned though is that most noise comes from those with an axe to grind somewhere but usually have no idea how to change what they object to but moan enough to make those that do try to give up and stop banging your head against the wall which hurts .I hope that if anyone is prepared to try we should support them and give positive information to overcome the negatives whenever and wherever we can.

That is quite a fair comment in normal circumstances but when one of these people incurs legal expenses instead of trying mediation and does not know the law of libel and finds excuses to deny another representing their region and is rude and abusive etc is it surprising that some members get fed up with such a liability if he is then trying to change the rules to apparently further protect his position - well that is how it seems!  

I have served on club, county and regional committees for more years than I care to remember like most who try to move our sport forward and try to do something different to improve things there is always somebody who disagrees to after a while you wonder why you bother ?. The one lesson I have learned though is that most noise comes from those with an axe to grind somewhere but usually have no idea how to change what they object to but moan enough to make those that do try to give up and stop banging your head against the wall which hurts .I hope that if anyone is prepared to try we should support them and give positive information to overcome the negatives whenever and wherever we can.
Your post is a bit confusing. I cannot understand your contribution to the thread. Do you think you can make it clearer. Are you saying that the original Fitasc sub-committee should not have resigned...or they should have resigned....?

Last edited:
Your post is a bit confusing. I cannot understand your contribution to the thread. Do you think you can make it clearer. Are you saying that the original Fitasc sub-committee should not have resigned...or they should have resigned....?
I would read as 'they should not have had to resign'.

Surely its a question of them perceiving that they are banging their heads against a brick wall as they can't progress any improvements due to the blockage from above and yet are being harangued for apparently being seen to be achieving nothing by those that are always criticising from the sidelines but who have nothing to offer themselves!  QED you resign rather than waste your time any further and to make a point!

I think there may be some misunderstanding as to 'why' the FITASC Sporting Sub-Committee resigned - they didn't HAVE to resign, there was no disgruntled masses making a protest or unhappiness with things that had happened. I know as I was the one who proposed that the committee resigned. 

There were two key reasons:

1. The current team had all been co-opted into positions, that's not a professional way to be in a committee. There was no 'election' process involving shooters. Given the situation elsewhere in the sport we thought it was a good idea to gauge the support of shooters, and if possible get a mandate from them to work on their behalf.  The proposed committee structure will assume some kind of election process every two years, fixed term positions on the TEAM that helps run the sport. 

2. The distribution of workload around the existing team was not fair - one or two people were doing the majority of the work. So in proposing a 'reset' of the committee I proposed a structure of roles, and then a set of roles and responsibilities to help make the lives of the volunteers easier.  If you have a proposal like that on the table, it seems sensible to see if there is new blood that can come into the team to help. Rather than reinforce the errors of the past with co-opting members, calling a public meeting seemed like a good way to do things - and sharing the news as wide as possible will cast the biggest net. 

So - the committee did not NEED to resign, we all could have carried on as before, and the 2014 calendar would have run as it did before, and the team selection would have taken place. The Junior Academy would have contiuned and the website would have been redeveloped and relaunched for the new season. 

However - if you think you can add to the skills and vigor of the Sporting/COMPAK sub-Committee - then please go and check out the roles and responsibilities and send your details through to the secretary email address who would be happy to help you stand at the meeting. 

Hope that makes things clearer.

And then when you want to influence the sport you stand as a director of Bictsf because only they can vote.

Sub-committee has no power....Fact.

On another point....Compak should have 2 Directors made on Bictsf (as I said many times before). At the moment the 2 Fitasc sporting directors 'look after ' Compak. But at the time we changed Bictsf to Ltd, a place was made for 2 Compak directors to be created if it became more popular.

These 2 additional 'voting' directors are needed. Get the sub-committee to insist on that....and see where you go.

Nicola - totally understand only board members of BICTSF get the power, BUT without the sub committee FITASC would die a slow painful death and become a rotting corpse in the UK. If the right people get positions on the sub committee then there a chance, however slim, of things improving for FITASC at board level. As for UT, Helice, OT, OSK I really couldn't give a fudge, if they want more funding, more entries etc etc then they can get their own house in order. Its time FITASC shooters stopped being taken for a ride, the amount paid to BICTSF from FITASC (Sporting & Compak) shooters is disproportiate to the representation those shooters get at board level and that is fact.

None of us can go back in time and yes hind sight is a wonderful thing, should things change, yes, will it happen, who knows but it definitely won't happen if we all get apathetic about it, as for the CPSA, they will implement the changes to the Articles regardless of the vote, at that point both CPSA representives should be kicked off the BICTSF Board. They as discussed on other threads are not fit for purpose but they have the position of power, the shooters do not. Can we fight it, yes, will it happen NO! Shooters are individuals, as long as there is a shoot on a shooter will shoot it, so don't expect any mass reaction or action.

1. It is not disproportionate ...Bictsf ....it is a limited company with a constitution. You cannot have more than the 2 directors for each discipline no matter how passionate you feel. And one thing is certain and that is the Fitasc side is 4 disciplines and not just sporting. You have to understand how the business works in reality. This sort of talk will just get ignored at board level to be honest. No discipline that is a world discipline is any better or worse than another....and unless you can understand your world federation and your UK federation....you will be no use on any sub-committee....because you will just waste your time. Understanding remits and what is achievable are very important....this is not wish list politics.

2. All the BICTSF discipline money is ring fenced for that discipline. What is earned by sporting is spent on sporting....and the same for the other disciplines.

3. The Cpsa new articles can only get passed if they win the vote on the resolution. If they do not win then the original articles are still in existence and will have to be looked at again....properly listening to the members and the regions.

4. The BICTSF cannot kick any home nation reps of the board.....!! This is what I mean about knowing your stuff so as to not waste your time.... The home nations reps (like the 2 for Cpsa and the 2 for Scotland and the 2 for Wales and the 2 from Northern Ireland) are selected by their own boards and sent as their reps to BICTSF. BICTSF do not choose then.

Thank for highlighting those points, just saved me 100 mile round trip.
Sorry they were brief but I am watching X factor .

You should still go because if you are passionate about making a change you can convey the good ideas to Nick and Jules and hope they can get them past the board. Also...you should all be pushing for Compak to have its 2 directors on the board as ALL Fitasc disciplines should have 2 reps....at the minute Fitasc on that board is missing 2 votes.....just saying..!

Mind you....the ISSF side will not want another 2 directors....nor will the politicians on there who love to shout...the board is too big...!!

But if you are all serious...then you should be discussing seriously the election of these 2 people for Compak.

I want to make clear that I am all for Fitasc disciplines getting stronger....my god I fought enough for our corner when I was a director on there....but sadly I know just how weak the board is now...and some of the agendas in play. Sadly.

I wish you all the best.

Latest posts

Back