National Intercounties Skeet - 19th & 20th October

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesy

Update on bookings

We literally only have 3 slots left on the Sunday on the 8.30am squad

On the saturday we have 7 full squads available between 8.30am and 10.30am and 4 full squads available between 1.10pm and 2.10 pm

The folowing counties have teams booked in:-

Cheshire, Cambs, Northants, Lincs, Notts, Staffs, Surrey, Northumberland, Warwickshire, Oxfordshire, Derbyshire, Essex, Yorkshire & Suffolk

If you are interested in shooting the event you need the following to make up a team

5 Seniors (You can have 6 and drop the lowest score - senior teams can be made up of any category - seniors, vets, ladies, juniors etc)

2 Veterans (You can have 3 and drop a score)

2 Ladies (You can have 3 and drop a score)

2 Juniors (You can have 3 and drop a score)

If your county is not booked in and you think you could make up a team either call me at the ground or drop me a PM and I will get it all sorted for you. Alternatively you can shoot the event as an individual - again just contact me and I will sort a slot for you.

Hope this info is useful and looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend :)

Cheers

Jules

Last edited by a moderator:
Skeet Bren - its in the Skeet section!

The DTL and ESP were last weekend, the ABT is this coming weekend and Skeet the weekend afterwards on 19th/20th at Nottingham.

Maybe one of our lovely Mods can change the name of the thread to include Skeet in the title? (Pretty please!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this info is useful and looking forward to seeing some of you next weekend :)
I can't wait :) It's all new and exciting to me. I'm probably going to get completely overwhelmed and disgrace myself with 12s, but hey! I'll be there.

I can't wait :) It's all new and exciting to me. I'm probably going to get completely overwhelmed and disgrace myself with 12s, but hey! I'll be there.

Liz,

We've all been there trust me. So just relax and take pride in what your doing but above all have fun!!

Just to update - we have 150 booked on for the event. Sunday is completely full - not even a single slot left, there is still space on the Saturday though for individuals or teams to book in.

Please be aware that there is a road closure planned for the weekend - the A614 (the road we are located on) will be closed. The closure is from the roundabout where both Longdale Lane and Whinbush Lane join the A614 up to the junction where Haywood Oaks Lane & Oak Lane join the road.

Anyone approaching from the south needs to be aware of this as there will be a diversion - please leave extra time.

If coming on the M1 from the south then do not get off before Junction 27. If using the A1 then travel to the end of the A6097 and turn left onto the A614.

If anyone would like further information just contact me at the ground on 01623 883798 or [email protected] (I am off on Weds and Sat though!)

I will also be asking the CPSA to put this info on their website.

Hope that helps :)

Damn here in Gln we thought as we were'nt putting a team in the road closure would've worked !!!

Foiled a gain !!

Quite a few counties have Seniors, Vets, Ladies and Juiors but there are no B teams. I don't think there are any rules against B teams but would have to check.

If you are coming from the south up the M1 there is another option.

Leave the M1 at Junction 21a and use the A46 and head towards Newark. It is all Dual carriageway and a fast road. You are then looking for the exit signposted A6097 towards Mansfield / Lowdham.

You keep following this road through  Gunthorpe, Lowdham, until you hit a sign that says A614 Nottingham / A614 Doncaster - you obviously want the Nottingham way and it will be an almost "U" Turn back on yourself - the ground will then be just down here and will be a RIGHT turn into the driveway.

This is the way i usually travel up as its a nicer drive than the M1.

I've checked up and B Teams are perfectly legal - so now all the A Teams are in if any counties want to put any 2nd teams in then let me know.

Thanks

Julia

"I can't wait :) It's all new and exciting to me. I'm probably going to get completely overwhelmed and disgrace myself with 12s, but hey! I'll be there."

Hi Liz  -  see that you shot the Intercounties today.

Well done, and hope you enjoyed it ?

Latest posts

Back