Midas Vs Teague

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So to summarise the answer is no, no one has tested them back to back. 
Because it’s pretty pointless I would strongly suggest, although I do accept that you would love to see the evidence rather than have people just say they reckon it’s a waste of time. I patterned quite a lot of cartridges over the years and have found no noticeable difference between same choke in different guns, even against fixed and multi choke. What does make a big difference is cartridge. If you’re looking for a certain quality / type of pattern, I suggest try a selection of cartridges, because that’s where the big differences lie.

You won't need a full set of chokes remember the lead shot ban only up to half is all you need 

And yes I can confirm that teague chokes do pattern better than factory ones but you need to get the right cartridges to suit
or maybe get the cartridge to suit factory chokes.

You won't need a full set of chokes remember the lead shot ban only up to half is all you need 

And yes I can confirm that teague chokes do pattern better than factory ones but you need to get the right cartridges to suit
Can I ask what “better” (for you) means? Genuine technical question. 

Very interesting, Richard Atkins tested some Hull 32 gram 6s in both Steel & Lead for a comparison test which you can see all the data on Shooting UK last Saturday .

It showed that the Lead cartridges out performed the Steel in every department , plus the Lead was a genuine fibre wad , not a plasticcy 'ecowad'.

I was very impressed and forwarded the article to BASC for their attention.

I received the following reply " Thank you, he should have used 5's for a comparison."

I thought it was only Ostriches that buried their head in the sand?

Latest posts

Back