May 17 / 18....what's everyone up to?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaykaysea

Well long time no speak....not sure where the time has gone just lately....lots of stuff going on at work (all good) but still managing to fit a fair bit of shooting in.

Have had a couple of go's at FITASC, thinking that the gun down might help me speed up and also with my target reading...and wow it so has....still work in progress but it seems to have given me a bit of an extra added second or two....Have had some great advice and encouragement from some great new friends which has been lovely. And I love the target variety, am sure I will be doing more of it.

I also changed my glasses and didn't have any scotch tape to put a patch on....so I shot in them anyway, planning on shutting my eye and about half way round realised I had forgotten to close it!! Shot a 70 so still work in progress but maybe I don't need a patch....

Shot a new PB at the last OLSS registered a couple of weeks ago of 77 too so things are still improving.

Also had another go at Sportrap after my first go at the World's...much improved with a 71, good for concentration, and also for target recognition so will keep at it....

Entered my first FITASC competition, the Troy Foods, and also looking at going to shoot abroad for the experience....so it's all go...

Oh and I have won High Gun in a couple of corporate shoots I have done which was rather nice....great source of champagne....!!!

So this weekend I have got a lesson with Chris tomorrow (or today actually) and will be doing a comp on Sun, not sure where yet....what's everyone else up to?

Jkc xx

Of to WMSG to see what nice new O/U I can get and PX my semi-auto in for !

Am fancying a browning or Miroku but wonder about mechanical failure so may just stick with Beretta, decisions decisions !

Jennie - lucky you, seems like things are improving for you steadily.  Nothing for me I'm afraid - still nearly four weeks until the plaster comes off my right arm.  Only shooting thing I'll be doing is picking my gun up from being serviced on Monday.

Tim

Four days (16th to 18th) at the RAF CPSA Championships at Nottingham & District GC. 100 targets each day 16th ESP, 17th DTL, 18th ESK and 19th ABT.

Shot 92 ESP on Day 1. After guidance, a last minute decision to use my Sporter for DTL yesterday morning saw a surprising 94 with it. Not great trap shooting as trap shooting goes, but as far as confidence goes and with practice, the Sporter on everything is the way forward now!

English at Southdown next Friday!

Good luck with whatever you shoot this weekend Jen.

Video lesson today, might be a video nasty ., Hornet tomorrow for a little Fitasc, weather forecast is for a warm sunny weekend thankfully...

Well I will be finding more lots for the Silent Auction....which I think several people on this site have not seen yet (due to the 'likes' on the 14 items).

Please Check it out folks....the Porsche race day item is fantastic.

Even if you don't bid you could 'like' the items so we can see if people are seeing them. No point doing it if no one is looking. If you are out shooting this weekend will you spread the word about the Auction.

More lots coming soon.....!!

Heading up to North Ayrshire with Mrs Bryn to collect her gun (so she can kick my backside even more) and have a lesson each I've asked for mine to be on Skeet so I have an idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Sunday I'm taking Bryn (my 18m Springer) to some gundog tests, hopefully I've sorted out the issue that cost us 15 points last month. He's very much a 'no messing' dog which is great on a shoot but not ideal in tests but in the end they're just a bit of fun and beating is the real deal.

Spending the weekend at sister in laws farm in Kent so my husband can shoot some bunnies. Will be planning to shoot Greenfields tomorrow.
I realised after the worlds I have a problem shooting targets from the right and anything high up (like overheads and driven) Need a lesson soon to sort it out

Last edited by a moderator:
Spending the weekend at sister in laws farm in Kent so my husband can shoot some bunnies. Will be planning to shoot Greenfields tomorrow. I realised after the worlds I have a problem shooting targets from the right and anything high up (like overheads and driven) Need a lesson soon to sort it out
Shooting Greenfields tomorrow desperate for revenge after the wheels fell off last week.

Will come and say hello Gnasher. :nyam:

No shooting for me.Just been to the local rfd and put both my babies up for sale to fund a new toy. Happy and sad at the same time, it's funny how you get attached to bits of wood and metal. Lets hope my shooting friends dont get to upset about using their guns. :lol: :(

" thats when the fight started "

Westfield 120 Birder with Mr Tipper, Lord Pewsey, Nick Selby joining us I believe, Ken from Hampshire. the Pin up from Pinner is also chipping up!

Should be a good laugh and hope Ali has been nice to Mr Lovatt this week. Surely he won't destroy us in the sun, will he??

See you all tomorrow.

Off to four counties for me. Have to be back earlier which takes me out of westfield this weekend

Back