Looking for newer shooters in Dartford/Kent area

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sportingmonty

Hello,

I am a new shooter, had my sgc for 2 months now and go nearly every week to my local clubs, jjs and Dartford clay shooting ground. 

I haven't found many new guns in the area, I was wondering if there are any shooters in my position who would like someone regular to go with?

I've been happily taking my missus to trap for me or shooting solo using the delay but it would be great to have a group of newer guns to shoot with.

I know how you feel. I was in the same position as you recently. I was keen to find new shooters in my area to hook up with and found it surprisingly difficult. I started turning up to local shoots on my own and asking if there was a squad I could join. I found it a bit daunting at first, but every group I've joined has always been very welcoming and it's a great way to meet new people. Now I've got a few numbers of regular shooters and feel confident I can turn up anywhere and find a group. Just tell people you're new and they'll be more than wiling to help you out as long as your safe and not a muppet! :smile:

worcs is bang on, don't be scared to just turn up to any ground you will find shooters of varying levels of experience most accommodating.

Why do you want to shoot with 'new shooters' in particular? 

I can understand if you might feel intimidated, but you will learn more if you shoot with (the right) experienced shooters.

If you are at Dartford, look for the short guy with 'Pitbull' written on his back (sounds counterintuitive I know!), or ask Kelly in the office to point him out, real name Tony.  He teaches, and is a very nice chap.

If you want to meet up with me and Sibaldib, on here...drop me a PM.

We shoot JJ's, sometimes Dartford, Abbey at Detling near Sittingbourne, amongst other shoots.

My name is Gary Brooks, if you are at JJ's John (in the office) will know if I am there.

Hi, im new, so is my girlfriend and our neighbour! We are currently just using JJ's and will be there again on weds 29th Nov and 6th Dec, given that our neighbours other half is due to produce their first on Nov 30th! If you are around either of those dates message me on here!  

Latest posts

Back