Long black things hanging out the end of the barrels.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Size matters and what you do with it! Take all the length you can get :haha:

Seen quite a few people shoot with Muller chokes and the breaks they are getting is impressive. Seeing as I am an easily swayed and desperate to use any advantage to help my average abilities, what size Mullers would people suggest for sporting/fitasc. Thanks. chicken curry no worry
If you are shooting most of the shoots around this way, (Abbey, JJ's, Greenfields, Robin Hood), you can get away with a pair of U2's.

See my sig for Muller review.  You could go for a U3/U2 combo....but a pair of U2's will give you all of the advantages, without possibly being "too tight".

The endless repetition of this discussion makes me think that I should spend some quality time dreaming up some useless gimmick that doesn't actually do any harm, market it like a mother, and make some $

I thot the multi-colored tube identifiers were just way cool until I realized that now I had to remember what the colors meant as well as how numbers work.  Man, the world is just SO complicated!

And good luck with using bells and whistles to buy targets.  Never worked for me but ya never know - it just might for you

U1 in bottom barrel, U2 in top - only consideration then is top or bottom first. Works just fine for me and that's all that matters at the end of the day...

I thot the multi-colored tube identifiers were just way cool until I realized that now I had to remember what the colors meant as well as how numbers work.  Man, the world is just SO complicated!
I hear that. Bought a set of Beretta extended Optima chokes with coloured bands for the lads 682 Gold E thinking they would be easier to remember but now have to carry a laminated card to remind us what colour is what. Ditto Beretta flush chokes also have a number of notches in the leading edge to tell you which choke it is...if you can remember how many notches relate to which choke!

To be honest I'm also the same with the cylinder, modified, improved, modified, etc, etc. Can never remember which is which. Usually end up sticking my finger down the chokes to work out which is which. Why can't they all just stick to Cylinder, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and Full? Nice a simple. And what the hell is a light full and an extra full anyway.

DT

If you want great kills just tighten up with the chokes you have. On the other hand you need the clay in the centre of the pattern for consistent puffs of smoke!!!

Forget the chokes it will be thumb hole stocks and scopes next.. ;) ;)

chicken curry no worry

Why not go the whole hog with long tubes and butt plate - you will be so close you will be called a cheat ..

The endless repetition of this discussion makes me think that I should spend some quality time dreaming up some useless gimmick that doesn't actually do any harm, market it like a mother, and make some $

And good luck with using bells and whistles to buy targets.  Never worked for me but ya never know - it just might for you
Could you let me know which bells and whistles are best please, I've never tried them before but happy to give them a try.

Latest posts

Back