Kemen KM4

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before you do anything, can you describe this misfire? Are you saying the pin did not actually strike the shell when you pulled the trigger OR did it strike and leave an indent in the shell but the shell did NOT go off?

Most capable gunsmiths will be able to deal with Kemens but you need to know exactly what the issue is first, browning and miroku's suffer with an issue that only affects the bottom barrel and certain shells due to the pin hitting the primer at an angle which, when the pinwears a bit, means it does not contact the primer fully enough and you get a click and no bang!

Before you do anything, can you describe this misfire? Are you saying the pin did not actually strike the shell when you pulled the trigger OR did it strike and leave an indent in the shell but the shell did NOT go off?

Most capable gunsmiths will be able to deal with Kemens but you need to know exactly what the issue is first, browning and miroku's suffer with an issue that only affects the bottom barrel and certain shells due to the pin hitting the primer at an angle which, when the pinwears a bit, means it does not contact the primer fully enough and you get a click and no bang!
On the first missfire, there was a click with no bang. I checked the cartridge and there was the lightest hint of a dtrike mark on the primer, a little more than a pin prick. Shot the same cartridge again and it went bang. The second missfire may well have been my fault, I was using the barrel selector switch and may not have clicked it all the way. When I tried to pull the trigger on that one, nothing happened, no click, when I switched the barrel back to top then back to bottom and made sure the switch was fully home she was good again. On the third it was a click and no bang, didn't check the primer, just assumed it was the same as the first missfire and contnued on.

Cheer maddmatt.

No here's a stupid question for you all, how do I operate the lever jobby to drop the trigger assembly out?

If you never ask the stupid questions, you never get the answers.

Cheers guys.

You need a little tool to push the catch at the rear of the trigger guard, then the trigger drops out.

I gave my tool to Kelbrook when I sold my gun.

OK there are a few reasons that could be causing what you described, it could be worn firing pin or the pin is not fully extending when its hit by the hammer or it could be a cartridge issue but its unllikely.

I've just upgraded from a Beretta 682 Gold E to a beautiful Kemen KM4 MkI. I did a lot of research on the Kemen before I went ahead with the deal. I understand that the MkI was not without it's issues, stocks cracking and V springs and firing pins breaking. I was very aprehensive before shooting this Kemen but when I shot it, I just totally fell head over heels in love with the gun. I've never shot anything that made me this happy, I've always been a Beretta man and when it came time to upgrade I shot both the Dt10 and tried a few rounds with some Perazzi MX8's but I bonded with this gun after my first couple of shots. This MkI is a 32", Muti Choke, Adjustable Comb with that semi Monte Carlo style stock they have, was made in '00 and is in amazing condition, I also got it at an amazing price, what equates to about £1,900GBP. The reason I got it so cheap is that the bottom barrel has an intermittent misfiring problem. I shot 100 bird course yesterday and it misfired 3 times on the bottom barrel.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Possibly, what could the issue be?

And the tool kit I got with it only has 1 spare V spring in it, the other must have been used previously, where can I order parts to replenish my tool kit?

I live in Ireland and we have no dedicated Kemen importers, could Kelbrook be a possibilty for me to get some parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
You can buy spares direct I’m also lead to believe Perazzi parts will fit after all of your copying something make it the same.

Attachments

• E3F5CBD9-178C-4290-AD67-371F99DD6C07.png
    E3F5CBD9-178C-4290-AD67-371F99DD6C07.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
You can buy spares direct I’m also lead to believe Perazzi parts will fit after all of your copying something make it the same.
Not quite. the hammer springs need the locating pin to be trimmed and there are other differences that mean they are not just plug and play. The Barrels won't interchange at all. Stocks heading up is different too.

I regularly shoot with a couple of guys who shoot Kemens.... and I think both guns look lovely, and I've never seen an issue.

I'll try and find out who they have used for work

(welcome aboard by the way)
hi hi I use Simon Featherstone gun smith in Norfolk he’s clever chap if he needs something he can machine it as he does for all his old english side locks but I think spares are available from Spain, luckily a friend is a Spanish teacher so language isn’ta problem either
Not quite. the hammer springs need the locating pin to be trimmed and there are other differences that mean they are not just plug and play. The Barrels won't interchange at all. Stocks heading up is different too.
well if they can be made to fit that’s something. Shows you read something on one forum and some say other on another one. I read one that the kemen barrels dropped straight in to there Perazzi. Just goes to show can’t believe everything you read. Hopefully mine has a box of spares and I won’t need to source any new parts for a while or there are enough people with some kicking around. I’m also hoping the rumour going around that a chap is importing them again into the uk will be true and we start to get some spares over here aswell fingers crossed. Can’t wait to go pick my one up Saturday guy has never even opened the box since he bought it just said I. CAn have it if I want 👌

hi hi I use Simon Featherstone gun smith in Norfolk he’s clever chap if he needs something he can machine it as he does for all his old english side locks but I think spares are available from Spain, luckily a friend is a Spanish teacher so language isn’ta problem either

well if they can be made to fit that’s something. Shows you read something on one forum and some say other on another one. I read one that the kemen barrels dropped straight in to there Perazzi. Just goes to show can’t believe everything you read. Hopefully mine has a box of spares and I won’t need to source any new parts for a while or there are enough people with some kicking around. I’m also hoping the rumour going around that a chap is importing them again into the uk will be true and we start to get some spares over here aswell fingers crossed. Can’t wait to go pick my one up Saturday guy has never even opened the box since he bought it just said I. CAn have it if I want 👌
Thanks for info. I’ve been trying to research as much as possible but nothing beats trying a gun out on a shooting ground 👌

I regularly shoot with a couple of guys who shoot Kemens.... and I think both guns look lovely, and I've never seen an issue.

I'll try and find out who they have used for work

(welcome aboard by the way)
Thank you. I’ll post some pictures of the kemen when I get it Saturday. I’ll be using it for the first time at the Essex masters end of the month. Shoot over two days as I reff the event and don’t get time on one day. Just hope I get a few through it before then though

I read one that the kemen barrels dropped straight in to there Perazzi.

They will possibly drop on. I can't remember which way round it was. I tried when I had a Kemen KM4 and a Perazz MX8 at the same time. Assuming as you say the kemen will go on the perazzi:
They have different gaps in the slots on the Barrels that mate up with the wedge in the receiver. The gap in the Kemen were wider than the Perazzi and would close. The Perazzi were narrower and the wedge wouldn't close.
As they should be a close fit I wouldn't shoot them the gaps would be too wide and not mate up properly. The barrel hanger for the forend I seem to remember is in different locations.

They will possibly drop on. I can't remember which way round it was. I tried when I had a Kemen KM4 and a Perazz MX8 at the same time. Assuming as you say the kemen will go on the perazzi:
They have different gaps in the slots on the Barrels that mate up with the wedge in the receiver. The gap in the Kemen were wider than the Perazzi and would close. The Perazzi were narrower and the wedge wouldn't close.
As they should be a close fit I wouldn't shoot them the gaps would be too wide and not mate up properly. The barrel hanger for the forend I seem to remember is in different locations.
Ah I see makes sense close but be sloppy as it where. Not that I intend to swap parts over I’ll always try to get proper parts instead of saving a pound on make shift ones. False economy if it ruins the gun long term 👌. I’m learning lots of new info thank you. Very much appreciated

Ah I see makes sense close but be sloppy as it where. Not that I intend to swap parts over I’ll always try to get proper parts instead of saving a pound on make shift ones. False economy if it ruins the gun long term 👌. I’m learning lots of new info thank you. Very much appreciated
Hi rainman, as you may have seen in earlier chats . I have 3 kemens . Have had kemens for thirty years . john McGee I think that’s his name is importing kemens into uk think he’s in Lincolnshire somewhere He running kemen uk ,owners club . It’s easy to get spares email or phone kemen in Spain or order off the website no problem . And kemen barrels don’t fit perazzis anyway this is a personal opinion why would you want to put inferior barrels on your gun . Again personal opinion kemens are a far better gun .mates of mine have sold perazzis to get their hands on a good kemen . I’ll take mine to the grave 😀😀

Hi rainman, as you may have seen in earlier chats . I have 3 kemens . Have had kemens for thirty years . john McGee I think that’s his name is importing kemens into uk think he’s in Lincolnshire somewhere He running kemen uk ,owners club . It’s easy to get spares email or phone kemen in Spain or order off the website no problem . And kemen barrels don’t fit perazzis anyway this is a personal opinion why would you want to put inferior barrels on your gun . Again personal opinion kemens are a far better gun .mates of mine have sold perazzis to get their hands on a good kemen . I’ll take mine to the grave 😀😀
Yes I have also heard there a better gun and yes a couple mates said the guy is Importing them. I believe he is Lincolnshire, Another good reason to get a cheap but very good kemen is if there starting to come to market then prices will also start to go up to where they should be for such a high end gun. I just sold a Daytona to get my kemen can’t wait to pick it up tomorrow it’s got the 1620 barrel weight , couple mates have them and say they like that weight so hopefully I’ll like it to 👌

I've just upgraded from a Beretta 682 Gold E to a beautiful Kemen KM4 MkI. I did a lot of research on the Kemen before I went ahead with the deal. I understand that the MkI was not without it's issues, stocks cracking and V springs and firing pins breaking. I was very aprehensive before shooting this Kemen but when I shot it, I just totally fell head over heels in love with the gun. I've never shot anything that made me this happy, I've always been a Beretta man and when it came time to upgrade I shot both the Dt10 and tried a few rounds with some Perazzi MX8's but I bonded with this gun after my first couple of shots. This MkI is a 32", Muti Choke, Adjustable Comb with that semi Monte Carlo style stock they have, was made in '00 and is in amazing condition, I also got it at an amazing price, what equates to about £1,900GBP. The reason I got it so cheap is that the bottom barrel has an intermittent misfiring problem. I shot 100 bird course yesterday and it misfired 3 times on the bottom barrel.

Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Possibly, what could the issue be?

And the tool kit I got with it only has 1 spare V spring in it, the other must have been used previously, where can I order parts to replenish my tool kit?

I live in Ireland and we have no dedicated Kemen importers, could Kelbrook be a possibilty for me to get some parts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.
Hi skinny , had same problem took action out found broken firing pin they have shoulder firing pin you can’t see if it’s broken until u take it out .it has a small spring pushing pin back into the action gets full of dirt . Pins are shaped differently top and bottom . I dident have to strip the whole action to get pins out it’s a bit tricky but they do come out pushed out main pin holding firing pins in pulled out pins and spring clean out holes put back together it take to gunsmith good luck

Back