K80 first impressions

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie, its a shame mate but we seem to have sacred the lovely lily away.

Yup, still not selling.

im off to Ireland on Sunday morning for a week so no shooting for me. Im still recovering from the elation of high gun last weekend and the bitter disappointment of winning absolutely nothing. It would have been my first county title if i hadn't moved and no brown envelope either. Good job i do this for the love of it
High gun? You kept that quiet. Well done to you ........ although I suspect it was at that DTL ? Stop wasting your time with that rubbish.

Enjoy Ireland and see you when you get back.

DT

Charlie, its a shame mate but we seem to have sacred the lovely lily away.

what's with this "we" crap, Paleface?

When haven't I been " just a lovely person to be around"?

And there you are with those lists!!  

WE???  I think not.

Ok i will take full responsibility, jeez you find out who your friends are when it goes pear shaped :)

Ok...bit of an update. Second time out with the K80 today! So started with OT, rubbish...17 ex 25. So I moved on to DTL, which is what I intend to shoot once Southern Counties is finished, so filled my pockets with what shells I had and off I went, just shot until out of shells.Hit 42 ex 44, so not brilliant but not too bad, especially as I've only shot DTL three times in the last 17 years or so. It does seem that the K80 is more at home with DTL, with 24grm RC4 redshot there was almost no recoil,kills were excellent using 3/8 and 5/8 choking. I must say that it would take me quite a while to get used to the K80 for OT, but for DTL it seems very easy to shoot. I'm already getting rather fond of the K80, it even makes DTL enjoyable to shoot!!!

Prolly some age related mental degeneration involved there

I mean, starting with Berettas was a clue to some initial problems.  Sliding down to a K80 should not be any big surprise

I know mate some folk have no taste.
I tell you what Ian,this K80 is very much like my old 32 inch 682x when it comes to shooting DTL. If I can end up shooting the K80 as well as I did the X as far as DTL is concerned then I will be a happy man.

Well k guns are dtl machines that's for sure

Well k guns are dtl machines that's for sure
Which is a good job mate, because in the not too distant future there will be no trap shooting apart from DTL in less than one and a half hours drive of here! I don't really like driving much these days and an hour and a half every time would hack me off no end!!! Anyway I rather enjoyed my bit of DTL today to be honest, in fact it brought back a lot of memories of when I first started shooting trap.

I tell you what Ian,this K80 is very much like my old 32 inch 682x when it comes to shooting DTL. If I can end up shooting the K80 as well as I did the X as far as DTL is concerned then I will be a happy man.
You can pick up a decent 682X for next to nothing too.

benchrest trap ---- much like ATA
I have to agree charlie, my recent itch too shoot it again turned out to be nothing more than a distant memory of enjoying it through rose tinted hi def specs.

Back