How very odd...

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisPackham

I shot a mini day yesterday with three good friends, one off whom started shooting October and was his first day on game.  He shot terribly for the first two drives even though he is a reasonable clay shot, over 11's one of the guys suggested he imagined calling 'pull' as birds headed towards him so as to set himself up properly, after which he shot very well.

It was however increasingly distracting as he forgot to imagine and starting calling 'pull' out loud, more so for another gun whose name is 'Paul'.

Much hilarity and  leg stretching ensued, however it did make me wonder if the original idea is onto something...

Anyone else witness any bizarre 'pre shot routine' i game shooting?

No but it has the makings of a Harry Enfield sketch written all over it. 

One of the biggest problems in game shooting is seeing the bird coming from a distance away and mounting the gun too soon. You then track the bird with the gun mounted for too long and have no gun movement or stop the gun. Key is to mount a second before you shoot just as you would at clays, so there is method in his madness.

One of the biggest problems in game shooting is seeing the bird coming from a distance away and mounting the gun too soon. You then track the bird with the gun mounted for too long and have no gun movement or stop the gun. Key is to mount a second before you shoot just as you would at clays, so there is method in his madness.
this ?

Could it have been a 'nerves' thing. Not wanting to 'cock up' on anything, but by the 3rd. drive was more relaxed,  and obviously his shooting improved  ?

Latest posts

Back