Ho dear a come back on the cards !

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No increase in felt recoil for me. Shoulder a little tender after first outing post lockdown 1 and approximately 150 shells. After lockdown two and another three month break, I switched back to a hard plastic pad. This resulted in even less tenderness. I spoke to Ed Solomons about his and he did say it was strange then I feel even less recoil and less tenderness with a hard pad. He put it down to a possibility that I somehow have a better feel for the butt placement in my shoulder and therefore have a better, more secure mount as a result... possibly.

Ive always been something of an oddball 🙄

I once spent 6 months off from shooting due to a slipped disk many years ago, when I could stand up long enough to shoot a round of ball trap I did at the A6 ground they had just installed a automated system, token in and 27 targets ( never missed a thing ) all first barrel kills I did not expect that ! all I can say is it was my head that was missing shooting, that day never got repeated in the same way !

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be a canal stretch ?
Nope, United Utilities reservoir near Belmont.  Footpaths everywhere but so many using them that people are now walking inside the fence around the water. Clearly signposted Anglers only beyond this point, but that matters not  ?

Used to be part my regular walking route. I’d walk from Chorley, to Rivington/Anglezarke reservoirs, then to Belmont and back to Chorley via white coppice
You didn't chuck yer dog into Roddlesworth on route..................did you    ??       🤔

Could it be because one concertrates more? The next time out, maybe thinking that the previous shoot went well....and relax........too much.
I'd wager it's the opposite: Not having to match one's own expectations after such a long time without a triggerpull. More relaxed and glad to be out, no urgency to 'score' and presto, top notch result. The next time out there's the expectations again and the need to match or better the previous score... 

It's a mental game as much as it is a shooting game.  

Reactions: ips
I'd wager it's the opposite: Not having to match one's own expectations after such a long time without a triggerpull. More relaxed and glad to be out, no urgency to 'score' and presto, top notch result. The next time out there's the expectations again and the need to match or better the previous score... 

It's a mental game as much as it is a shooting game.  
This ⏫

I am missing my shooting, after spending most of my life shooting and had some 2+years out I feel the need to shoot once again ! I fell out with shooting because I was a competitive person but was not competitive anymore, but there is more to it than trying to win ! its called enjoyment. Having spent the last 4 years being a bailiff for the Angling Trust ( that's not easy ) I need to chill, so shooting for enjoyment is on the cards from now on.
Yep I’m back too! 😂 No comps this time, just a bit of fun. 👍

Yep I’m back too! 😂 No comps this time, just a bit of fun. 👍
Me old mucker is back 👍

I won't be joining in with this come back mallarkey but I will be following your endeavours 😁

Back