Hello from Liverpool

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave

Hello, my name is dave, I have recently taken an interest in clay shooting. I have had five lessons and loved every minute of it. I have been going to the North Wales Shooting School in Deeside, they are a nice bunch. I entered a competition on the open day as an experiment, came last but it was a good experience. Been trying to decide which gun to buy when I finally receive my certificate. I like the Browning B725, just felt right soon as I picked it up. Tried it at the open day, also tried the new Beretta 688e I think it was. I hit everything with the Browning and nothing with the Beretta, strange. I know it was me and not the gun, the Beretta man picked the gun up and dispatched a pair very briskly.

Anyway, I am looking forward to getting more involved in the sport and the social side. My aim is to bring some prizes home for the mantelpiece.

You cant keep a good man down.

Regards, Dave.

Welcome aboard Dave - enjoy ShootClay - any questions, please let me know...

hi dave and welcome .. am originally from the north west myself ( nr warrington ) but for now lost in the south :.: .. and after what u said id buy the browning :) not tried it myself yet but hearing great reviews about it .. must try to find one to play with :cool:

Welcome to the site Dave!

I have shot at the NWSS and they seemed a nice bunch of guys :)

Jon.

Well thank you to all who have replied. I must say, I had not realised how much this sport has to offer socialy as well as actualy taking part and developing new skills. Thanks to Mike H for your comment on the B725. Do you have the Sporter or the Hunter?

Dave.

Dave

I have the sporter just like you when I first picked up the gun I knew that it was the gun for me. Since using over the last four weeks it just keeps getting even better to use. The trigger pull is so light it's a pleasure to shoot with.

I have recently completed a lesson at a local shooting school, this is certainly starting to pay dividends since improving my gun mount.

Michael

You are not a million miles away from Faxudegla near Wrexham and there is also a small shoot not far from Flint Station but only every couple of weeks.

As you get to know people you will find out and be invited to other shoots, it's a very very social sport. I have family in the area and my Uncles used to shoot locally but don't any more to ill health.

Cheers,

Jon.

Dave

I have the sporter just like you when I first picked up the gun I knew that it was the gun for me. Since using over the last four weeks it just keeps getting even better to use. The trigger pull is so light it's a pleasure to shoot with.

I have recently completed a lesson at a local shooting school, this is certainly starting to pay dividends since improving my gun mount.

Michael
Yes, I think it's the 725 for me, I cant wait. Dave.

Hi Dave

I'm a fellow Merseyside shooter, a lot of the local guys shoot at the monthly comp at Catton Hall, or Manchester Clay shooting club which is idea for practice.

Blackpool Clay Club is also pretty handy, there is also some shooting at Alt Car, and a small shoot in Rainhill

I'm also your local CPSA representative for the area.

Shoot straight :)

You can find my contact details on the North Region CPSA web site

http://sites.cpsa.co.uk/north

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome dave,,NWSS is a smashing place and the guy,s behind the counter are very helpful,,happy shooting mate

Hi Dave

I'm a fellow Merseyside shooter, a lot of the local guys shoot at the monthly comp at Catton Hall, or Manchester Clay shooting club which is idea for practice.

Blackpool Clay Club is also pretty handy, there is also some shooting at Alt Car, and a small shoot in Rainhill

I'm also your local CPSA representative for the area.

Shoot straight :)

You can find my contact details on the North Region CPSA web site

http://sites.cpsa.co.uk/north
Hello Ian, I am very glad to find some local shooters. I went to Catton Hall once for a lesson, it's a very nice venue. Once I receive my SGC, I will try Catton as it is nearer than NWSS. Though I must say, I have been made to feel very welcome at NWSS and will continue to go there for my lessons. I intend to join the CPSA, perhaps you could direct me on the procedue? I am really looking forward to getting out with my oun gun, meeting people and getting some serious practice in.Thanks for the welcome message and I look forward to meeting in person.

Dave.

welcome dave,,NWSS is a smashing place and the guy,s behind the counter are very helpful,,happy shooting mate
Hi Evo, thanks for the welcome, looking forward to the whole shooting experience.
Dave.

Back