Helice,, zz,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see the "Shootclay International Helice Shooting (at) Competition" being the biggest Helice competition in the world if all interested parties on here turn up and shoot.  :biggrin:

Should take about 4 days to get everybody through to shoot their 20 targets? 5 per day each, not bad?? Lot of waiting around though.

Pity there's not a ring in the South West as I'd love to shoot it again. I played with it once at West Kent when I lived in Maidstone. Opportunity lost again!!!

Pity there's not more shoots in the South West generally. As we have the highest number of shotgun certificates issued, and a relatively large percentage of unpopulated ground you would think there would be a market here?  :fie:

You don't know much about Helice do you dog?? :laugh:

You don't know much about Helice do you dog?? :laugh:
Well, No to be fair.

It just seems to be a drawn out affair when compared to English Sporting.

Quality or quantity, it's all choices.........  :biggrin:

How many entrants do they get in the largest competitions abroad out of interest? 

Right you lot.

I've been talking with John Nightingale at Rugby and he has responded that he is more than willing to host a 'ZZ Try it' day for Shootclay forum members. He has also advised that he is willing to drop the target price a £1 each :) and will also be hand to offer advice on how hit the little blitters. Might even be able to put some ABT/UT on at the same time to fill the time.

Saturday or Sundays available (subject to regular competition dates ) so lets come up with a date and some numbers. I will see John on Sunday and get some dates then.

So who's coming?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
DogTyred - I'd be up for a trip to Rugby if I'm around.
Do you want to make this the "official" ShootClay Hélice day, or are you (and others here) open to the idea of a second day at A1 next spring?
I'm happy to try to set up the A1 day if there are takers.
RP

What chokes and carts are best for this. Reading somewhere that anything over 7s is to much.

About 3 and a half hours for me so would want to combine with a Registered somewhere nearby to make it worth the trip. Let me know a date...am happy to do both if it's fun...and I am any good....

Heh, hope I didn't offend...probably worth trying at least once I thought :)
£850.....cheaper to buy someone a few pints....and it's probably not something you would be able to borrow off a friend........

TBH had never even heard of one...every day is a school day...

£850.....cheaper to buy someone a few pints....and it's probably not something you would be able to borrow off a friend....lol...

TBH had never even heard of one...every day is a school day...
Cheaper to buy a wonky washing machine and sit on it. 

Back