Helice,, zz,

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DogTyred - I'd be up for a trip to Rugby if I'm around. Do you want to make this the "official" ShootClay Hélice day, or are you (and others here) open to the idea of a second day at A1 next spring? I'm happy to try to set up the A1 day if there are takers. RP
BTC3 - not fussed about it being an 'Official' Shootclay Helice day. Just seems the obvious location for the majority of the country as its Midlands based and easy to get to (just off the M1 at junction 18 at Crick).

Date proposed is Saturday 6th December 2014 and we need a minimum of 10 shooters to make it worth while. Target price reduced to £1 each.

There is a 100 ABT comp on the Sunday if anyone wants to stay around for the whole weekend?

I'll ask Matt to 'sticky' the event so we can establish numbers. 

DT

Edited for geography - Doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are trying it for the first time you are better to leave it until next year in good weather. December at Rugby (if not a glorious day) will kill newcomers if it is bad weather. The wind there can make targets very difficult. Brilliant on a good day. But December could be unlucky for weather.

If it is very cold or snowy...it will not be enjoyable.

This is my main game and even I shut down from shooting it between November until March ish.

I would love you all to have a good time shooting it for the first time, rather than walk away saying ....never again.

Thanks for sorting that out DT.

Sadly, I've committed myself to driving full-time until Christmas so can't make it.

Helice is definitely something I want to have a decent go at so will probably have to go into the shootclay day 'blind'.

New thread started for the Rugby Have-a go day in Meet-ups forum. Post your interest on there or send me a PM.

Don't let the weather put you off. Should be a laugh if nothing else!!

Cheers

DT

yeah good luck and have fun, not that I'm jealous or anything :eek:

Mrs Bryn has said our next holiday will be near a Helice ground, so probably Kent :spiteful:

Back