Guntrader for first gun

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty

Hi guys, looking for a little advice on buying my first gun online.

I had wanted to go into a shop so someone experienced could help me with fit. But then I've also heard that for the first year or so you are developing a consistent mount so fit isn't as critical. As long as its close enough.

Looking round guntrader there's obviously loads more options but as they're all round the country it's not like I could just pop in and see them.

What kind of experience and advice do the good members here have?

I've only ever shot Beretta's but funnily enough don't feel compelled to buy one.

I presume you mean get a gun sent yo a local rfd. Bear in mind it will cost you £60+ even if you buy it or not. it's a gamble on what actually arrives is in the same condition as described. 

Have a day out. You can go a long way for the same cost in fuel and get sorted properly. 

I see your in fife.  You could get to one of the bigger shops such as Bywell, North Ayrshire or McLeods near Inverness and save yourself a lot of hassle for the  same outlay. Have a proper day out and go Malmos in Northern England. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you're buying an adjustable comb model I wouldn't buy online. If the stock is too low or the cast is a long way out you will struggle to hit anything consistently.

I presume you mean get a gun sent yo a local rfd. Bear in mind it will cost you £60+ even if you buy it or not. it's a gamble on what actually arrives is in the same condition as described. 

Have a day out. You can go a long way for the same cost in fuel and get sorted properly. 

I see your in fife.  You could get to one of the bigger shops such as Bywell, North Ayrshire or McLeods near Inverness and save yourself a lot of hassle for the  same outlay. Have a proper day out and go Malmos in Northern England. 
Cheers for the advice Paul, I am a subscriber to Lloyd's videos so did actually look at Bywell. It's a little over 2 hours so not too bad a drive at all. I'll maybe give them a call and see if they can accommodate a noobie!

I live an hour away from malmo but would never use them again,from personal experience.i do however appreciate that it could be different for someone else

The benifit of Bywell is if it's a secondhand gun they would probably allow you to shoot it. Not the same as putting a few hundred carts through it, but you will get a feel for it better shooting some clays

Unless you know exactly what you want, up to and including the stock measurements, don't buy a gun online. And even then, you'll also need to be able to spot any flaws and have the means to address them or risk ending up with lemons. You'll want to pick up, hold and if possible shoot various guns to see what works for you, and the peace of mind of being able to have it sorted in case anything is wrong. That's worth a few tenners in my book. Also, I'd recommend an adjustable stock for a first gun as you'll develop mount and stance. 

Back