Glasses steaming up

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave T

Hi all,

This morning I went to Grange Farm as it was nice and overcast - But by the time I'd got to the 3rd stand I couldn't see through my shooting glasses because they were steamed up. Because they won't let you shoot without glasses (rightly so), I had to complete the round unable to see what I was shooting at, which was irritating.

The glasses are Hi-Scorers and the lenses are as high as they will go

Can anyone recommend something to alleviate steaming up? I've got all the bike visor remedies and they don't work, I've also tried all the diving mask treatment too :blind:

Any (relevant) comments welcome :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot grange today my hidefs were fine? As was everyone else I shot with maybe its just down to the fit of your frames to your face.ed Lyons would have an answer ill bet

The Hi Scorers can fit a little snug from my experience and this sometimes stops airflow up and around the lenses.

There are some readily available "anti mist" wipes that can help reduce the fogging effect - what did you try in your bike visor?

PM me and i'll post some out to you f.o.c.

Better try that first than change your specs!! If it is persistent, you may either need something vented like the Oakley Radarlock or a more generous fitting frame like the Pilla Outlaw...

Hi Ed,

I've tried all the waxes, sprays, wu liquid, saliva, microfibre cloths, silicone cloths etc, etc. I have the same problem with the RE glasses I have and the HiDef's that I've borrowed too :banghead:

I'll pm you - many thanks

Latest posts

Back