Forcing Cone Fouling

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you doubt the cleansing ability of Clenzoil I will clean your gun for you free of charge using Clenzoil.I mean to say it's a bit rich to expect you to pay £6500+ for a gun, £160+ for a thousand cartridges, £25+ for targets AND buy Clenzoil.

Of course you could always not bother to clean it, it is after all your choice.
Don't think you've grasped my point Salopian, I don't doubt the cleansing abilities of Clenzoil, I don't care about its cleansing abilities.

I clean my gun only when it's been raining, (using WD40 for the obvious reason) don't care if there is fouling in the barrels as I don't believe for one second it affects the guns ability to perform the task for which I bought it. (Increased felt recoil cos of plastic fouling in the forcing cones :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Now dirty shoes, that's another matter!!

potter-potter

I like cleaning my gun :smile: It always feels better and opens and closes smoothly when it's clean and lubricated :cool:

Don't think you've grasped my point Salopian, I don't doubt the cleansing abilities of Clenzoil, I don't care about its cleansing abilities.

I clean my gun only when it's been raining, (using WD40 for the obvious reason) don't care if there is fouling in the barrels as I don't believe for one second it affects the guns ability to perform the task for which I bought it. (Increased felt recoil cos of plastic fouling in the forcing cones :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Now dirty shoes, that's another matter!!

potter-potter
T'was not plastic in the forcing cones, it was lead increasing the felt recoil!!!

Mr. Potter,

I do not doubt your opinion, I was not directing mine at you.

As I said it is each individuals choice.

I could not care less if you clean it or not, all I can say is that Clenzoil is a very good value for money product.

I like cleaning my gun :smile: It always feels better and opens and closes smoothly when it's clean and lubricated :cool:
Ah, now that's a different matter, cleaning or some other repetitive task for therapeutic relaxation, same principle as to why most women like ironing. That is more than acceptable in fact a lot better than stamp collecting, playing the bagpipes or model railways.

The guys I'm suspicious about are those that think a regularly cleaned gun will assure them of a seat on the right hand side of God come judgment day, well it's more to do with the likes of me and my not so clean gun in a disorderly queue for that hot place deep below.

Potter

Mr Potter, I now have to do my own ironing too but never mind. I'm not a great believer in the God thing though.

You Guys...

What can I say?

"Cleanliness is next to Godliness"

:p
Surely you should send some samples to Admin, so we can pay his postage costs and try the stuff out...you are on his site advertising the stuff after all...unless you have a prior arrangement with him, in which case...fair enough, but if you want word to get around, then you should still bung a few samples out. :)

I have had a couple of samples - Bob_P has some for testing, I've used some... I haven't got tons to spread around.

As I am looking for a good cleaning product, see title of thread then it only seems sensible I test it as everyone else dosn't seem to clean their guns :D

The easy answer is to put your hand in your pocket and buy some Clenzoil. I have years ago.

I was stopped in Gunmakers Row at the Midland Gamefair by a very pretty lady selling Clenzoil products, she asked if I had heard about Clenzoil and asked if I would be interested in buying some.

Once she had heard my sales pitch about Clenzoil she smiled, thanked me and went on her way.

I have used Clenzoil for over 20 years now and I do have to say that it does what it says on the tin.

No it is not a magic potion that will remove years of neglect.

But once you have cleaned your gun and used Clenzoil it just seems to clean easier next time.

I have no financial interest in Clenzoil products, not sponsored by them and didn't get a free sample. I buy mine in America regularly stocking up with it.

It is good, maybe no better than anything else but I use it and I like it. Cleans and oils, simple, peeps.

Ah, now that's a different matter, cleaning or some other repetitive task for therapeutic relaxation, same principle as to why most women like ironing.

Potter
Laughs out loud from bed having morning coffee....!

Most 'real' women (as opposed to women stuck in a life of drudgery) use ironing companies......and only ever use an iron in emergencies.........there are far to many other more important things to do....like shoot :)

They are however a very handy heavy weight to swing if one needed to :))))))))))

Surely you should send some samples to Admin, so we can pay his postage costs and try the stuff out...you are on his site advertising the stuff after all...unless you have a prior arrangement with him, in which case...fair enough, but if you want word to get around, then you should still bung a few samples out. :)
Unfortunately, I cannot send messages in this forum to people directly as a new user, so to offer a sample to our original topic host, if you are still following this thread I am very happy to send you out a sample, I had tried to respond to one of your posts from July saying just this but as you will of guessed already, I am very new to forums and still finding my feet but please contact me directly where I can get an address from you.

With Respect

Shelley

[email protected]

Shelley, if it is ok can you send me a small sample please......I will email you direct.

Are you on Facebook?

Lots of people are on here advertising their wares, whether it be gun oils, shooting schools, gun sales, coaching, mind gamers or just simply grounds putting their shoot dates.

Matt is open to everyone using the site providing the play nice with each other. Anything that offers to educate or help shooters of all abilities is good. This is how the site began to grow, by people offering help and advice freely......no matter how daft some of the topics were.

Perhaps those of you who think that Clenzoil is too dear should make up your own bore cleanser. bingle (I used bingle, but other search engines are available, like bing) 'Ed's Red ' and get blending your own concoction of Paraffin, Acetone & ATF.

May I wish you all the very best of luck, you may wish to know that WD40 had 39 concoctions before finally succeeding. Or of course you could try emailing Clenzoil and begging a sample.

I think I'll email Alan Rhone tomorrow and see if that theory of begging works.

Latest posts

Back