Forcing Cone Fouling

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get a grip people,

Shoot the gun with whatever shells you can afford/have confidence in/like the colour of/have the deepest brass. If it has rained whilst shooting the gun, squirt WD40/Liegia/whatever is in the garage all over it, every nook and cranny. Run a brush of through the barrels, follow up with either kitchen roll or bog roll. Wipe all over with a rag of some description (old, well washed nappy is best). DON'T look down the barrel at this point (only do that prior to loading to check for obstructions). If you have a butler or a son just let them do all the above whilst you do something vaguely interesting!

If it was dry when you last shot just put the gun in the safe.

This somewhat cavalier approach to gun cleaning may have the effect of reducing the working life by a couple of weeks over an anticipated life of 20+ years. The only reason I can think of to indulge in the structured routines some appear to go to is if ones wife/partner/girlfriend/significant other is somehow turned on by the smell of your chosen gun oil and that's not very likely now is it!!

Mr Potter
I'm with you Mr. P, although I will look into stocking Clenzoil.

I did once spray a gun with Germalene foot spray, the lubrication properties were prety poor, but the gun never suffered from athletes foot.

Get a grip people,

Shoot the gun with whatever shells you can afford/have confidence in/like the colour of/have the deepest brass. If it has rained whilst shooting the gun, squirt WD40/Liegia/whatever is in the garage all over it, every nook and cranny. Run a brush of through the barrels, follow up with either kitchen roll or bog roll. Wipe all over with a rag of some description (old, well washed nappy is best). DON'T look down the barrel at this point (only do that prior to loading to check for obstructions). If you have a butler or a son just let them do all the above whilst you do something vaguely interesting!

If it was dry when you last shot just put the gun in the safe.

This somewhat cavalier approach to gun cleaning may have the effect of reducing the working life by a couple of weeks over an anticipated life of 20+ years. The only reason I can think of to indulge in the structured routines some appear to go to is if ones wife/partner/girlfriend/significant other is somehow turned on by the smell of your chosen gun oil and that's not very likely now is it!!

Mr Potter
A friend of mine bought a 682gold e new when they first hit the shelves and for about five years shot all over the world with it AAA class never cleaned it once not even after rain not so much as one squirt of anything barrels, stock,or action! traded it in for £500 against a new Perazzi think they had to scrap the 682 as condition was so poor..

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine bought a 682gold e new when they first hit the selves and for about five years shot all over the world with it AAA class never cleaned it once not even after rain not so much as one squirt of anything barrels, stock,or action! traded it in for £500 against a new Perazzi think they had to scrap the 682 as condition was so poor..
If he'd bought a Miroku he'd have got 20 years out of it!

Mr Potter

Found my barrels really dirty on Saturday after shooting some Fibre Wad cartridges for the first time in ages (Meon Springs requested - I had some, so it seemed polite!)

I gave the barrels a quick squirt of foaming Clenzoil, left for 30 mins and then pushed a screwed up kitchen roll through them - clean as a whistle in one pass. I have a whole bunch of other Clenzoil stuff to try, will report back as I use it.

Iv'e been sick of the little greyish marks in the chamber of my 682 Gold E, all previous Berettas cleaned easily, have had to resort to the larger payne galway brush and vigourously give it laldy. The crud comes out easy with Legia and paper towel but still a few marks of the grey plastic streaks remain, think I will need to resort to the aluminium rod and bronze brush in the Cordless drill and see how it works.

Found my barrels really dirty on Saturday after shooting some Fibre Wad cartridges for the first time in ages (Meon Springs requested - I had some, so it seemed polite!)

I gave the barrels a quick squirt of foaming Clenzoil, left for 30 mins and then pushed a screwed up kitchen roll through them - clean as a whistle in one pass. I have a whole bunch of other Clenzoil stuff to try, will report back as I use it.
Matt, with fibres and with chromed barrels (as in a beretta) they will look clean, but I suspect if you put a bit of spray in again, then bronze brush it, you will get a lot of lead out when pushing some paper through. It always surprised me! If not, then I will buy the stuff you use..

CSC3

The technical data for Clenzoil does not say that it will remove copper or lead from barrels which it should do if its to be as good as Hoppes or 009

Hi,

I believe I have the answer to your question; have a look at our press release and let me know if I can be of any help to you.

:cool:

PRESS RELEASE

21st September 2012

For Immediate Release

Introducing:

‘America’s best kept secret’ Clenzoil™ has launched in the UK & Europe.

Clenzoil is a high quality one-step rust preventative, cleaner and lubricant for Lock, Stock and Barrel™ of your Precision Firearms.

Brief History:

In the early 1940s, Ellis Christian Lenz from Tampa, Florida USA, enlisted in the US Military during World War II and took notice of the many problems associated with weapons “freezing” or jamming and thus began in 1945 to develop a product that would work in any and all environments as an effective cleaner, lubricant and rust inhibitor for weapons. In 1948, Dr Lenz finally completed his formulated "Field and Range" which has since become the standard by which all other CLPs

(Cleaners, lubricants and protectants) are judged in America. Clenzoil Europe was created in August 2012 and was due to launch at the CLA Game Fair and will be available in a shop near you very soon.

Objective:

The name Clenzoil has stood for unyielding quality, surpassing both industry and military standards while delivering unmatched superior performance under the toughest and harshest conditions imaginable.

We want European users to echo this reputation and Europeans are missing out by not knowing about us, so this is our first step in introducing Clenzoil because we know many firearms users still struggle today with removing oils, dirt, copper, lead and other contaminants from their guns, wood stocks & leather holsters. Clenzoil does just this with an all-in-one solution in-fact, US Military and Special Forces buy thousands of gallons of it a year, as well as a continually growing list of Law Enforcement agencies worldwide.

Endorsers:

In 2012, Chris Batha International Senior Shooting Instructor and Master Gunfitter for E. J. Churchill Gunmakers have endorsed our products and swear by it.

In 2011, Clenzoil was proud to announce that it had been officially selected and given a prestigious honour by The National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum who is the official Museum of the US Navy SEALs.

In 2008, The Frazier International History Museum was asked to ‘try’ our ‘Field and Range’ who tried it on a few pieces of their collection and found it to be an excellent product and will indeed, continue to use it.

Our Audience:

We are looking for traders to stock our products, as it is known in America that manufacturers of firearms and weapons clean their products with Clenzoil before shipping it out to their end users.

We are looking to attract Gun Clubs, Gun Shops and Firearms Dealers.

Our Products:

Clenzoil Europe is an official distributor with premises in Swindon, Wiltshire and stock:

Our Details:

Clenzoil Europe Ltd,

Star West, Westmead Drive, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN5 7SW.

Tel: +44 (0) 1793 740666, Fax: +44 (0) 1793 740567

E-mail: [email protected]

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Clenzoil

Twitter: www.twitter.com/ClenzoilEurope

clenzoil_navy_seal_endorsement.pdf

firearms-retail-pricelist.pdf

Demo-Technical-Spec.pdf

Attachments

• clenzoil_navy_seal_endorsement.pdf
    135.4 KB · Views: 3
  • firearms-retail-pricelist.pdf
    64.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Demo-Technical-Spec.pdf
    96.9 KB · Views: 7
I read the technical spec off Clenzoil.com and there was no reference in that document to removing lead or copper.

If the product has since been improved to now perform these functions then that's fine but the Demo Spec refers to the dissolution of carbon residue and propellant but neither copper nor lead are specified in the technical document other than in the press release blurb where it carries less weight and might be advertising "Puff"

Sorry but I was taught that if it didn't say it on the tin then it was unlikely to be up to removing lead or copper.

Thank you Robert.

In our Technical Spec we read:

• Carbon Residue Removal > Excellent Dissolution Rating
  • Projectile Wadding Breakdown > Excellent Neutralization Rating
  • Ballistic Propellant Displacement > Excellent Dissolution Rating

Is this information not worth anything? I think it is valuable and very accurate.

I thank you for challenging our content, but nothing I say could convince anyone of changing their views if they already held an initial impression, any attempt to do this would be seen as ‘salesy’ and unlikely to gain any browny points.

But what I can say is: Give a Shot! And send us a Review.

It’s natural to doubt any kind of marketing hype or sales pitch; as we've all been susceptible to it and we are sure to be victim of it again but we openly invite and encourage feedback at every point of sale and to the many free samples we have given out already.

I believe in a fair chance and we are targeting users who already know of the problems that occur with CLP products and with the solutions required, which is exactly what is on offer here, a solution, it’s already tried and tested but just not know in he UK & Europe just yet.

Anyone looking for an all-in-one solution, Check out our many endorsements as these can be found to be fully legitimate and easily available to you.

With Respect

Shelley

I will try it when I get a free sample on the cover of one of the mags I get.

Thats how the game works.

Shelley

If its as good as you say it is why don't they say that it removes lead and copper in the technical spec. The claims made are very specific.

I come from a target shooting background where copper and lead fouling seems to be a bigger problem than for shotguns and I was firmly told never to buy a bore cleaner unless it said that it removed lead and copper on the product label.

If its as good as you say then lets have a barrel of it and Matt can redistribute in affordable and economic quantities rather than £12 for 8ozs

So you have to enter a competition to be in with a chance to win one of 30 samples to try a product that is trying to sell it's self to you.

Er Mmmm,,,,,!!!!!!!! Think your marketing team has a lot to learn.

Just got my new Sporting Gun Mag and Clay Shooting Mag and no free sample on there, You can get a free Gerber tool though if you subscribe. That's two ideas to launch a product.

I was once recommended a bore paste which was no longer stocked in the UK so wrote to the American Manufacturer and they sent me a dozen free tubes the size of a tube of toothpaste to share with my friends - I was well impressed and the product is great and I still have my tube and it will last me out my lifetime.

If you promise to deliver it by Unicorn I take some. If not I'll just carry on doing something slightly less boring than cleaning my gun.

Potter

If you doubt the cleansing ability of Clenzoil I will clean your gun for you free of charge using Clenzoil.I mean to say it's a bit rich to expect you to pay £6500+ for a gun, £160+ for a thousand cartridges, £25+ for targets AND buy Clenzoil.

Of course you could always not bother to clean it, it is after all your choice.

Latest posts

Back