FNG

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too have been bitten by the shooting bug since two lessons was taken in June. I put in my SGL on 26 June to Notts police and haven't received a call yet and we are at 14 weeks. I've chased them twice to track it's progress but always told to expect upto 20 weeks. I'm surprised you've been visited already by the FAO, but I suppose all areas have their own way of application vetting.

I'm all ready for the inspection and deposit down on an o/u. I'm thinking of calling them again next week when it hits 15 weeks. Surely they can expect to offer some appointment for the FAO officer visit?

I was suprised when I got the phone call to make the visit appointment having been told 16 weeks. He said all the checks had been done but I was suprised when he said that it could take another 3 months for it to come through. Surely the time consuming bit has been done and it is just a case of writing up the SGL and posting?

Wow - great result! I make that just shy of six weeks! Congrats.

Is this a record for Hampshire? Sent application 31August. Licence arrived today!! Great service.
I'm still waiting!! 25 weeks and still counting. How can that be for the same Constabulary?

I have now completed the Make a comment form giving negative feedback and see if that will get me anywhere. Last phone call to them they told my they were still dealing with March applications.

Well done to you though, let me know your secret :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back