Fitasc virgin.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaun Hopkins

Off to Southdown this weekend for a masterclass in FITASC and whilst I have shot sporting for many years have never really dipped my toe into this discipline so have no idea what to expect rule wise any info beforehand would be great. :picknose:

Shaun - have a read of my fitasc blog in the blogs section here. If you still want a little more info happy to help...

The rules are simple really, stand in the hoop, follow the menu, move your feet if you have to between targets, gun down, below the FITASC line 25cm below shoulder axis, don't move until you SEE the clay...full use of gun on singles, think more than normal, enjoy!!!

Shaun

If you tell them you are a virgin the refs will probably cut you a bit of slack on the early layouts. Some of them can be unforgiving otherwise.

MM

Just confirmed that I will be taking a group through the FITASC Training session at Southdown this weekend, really looking forward to it.

Well I never did! looks like I will see you there Matt really looking forward to a good day out :nyam:   Hopefully the weather will be kind..

Shooting the registered there on Saturday at 10:300 - hopefully see you there. Come and say hello if you get a chance :0

Whats the difference between bog standard sporting and fitasc ?

Is it worth a C class shooter trying Fitasc or will it be a demoralizing day out..??

chicken curry no worry

Can't speak for you being demoralized- but I'm a c-class shooter, and I shoot FITASC Sporting - 80% of the time - it is sometimes difficult, but if you want to test yourself against the 'F1 of clay shooting' - then it can be fun to do that. 

Give it a go at your local ground - what's the worst that can happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it worth a C class shooter trying Fitasc or will it be a demoralizing day out..??chicken curry no worry
There will be more easy/medium clays than hard clays and you have full use of the gun on singles, don't worry, even as a 1st time c class shooter you will be capable of 50% + and enjoying it!!!

Back