Fiocchi or Italian shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That all looks ok. I have to report that when I patterned some about 5 years ago, it was dreadful. I think the phrase I used at the time was that it seemed like a monkey had thrown a handful of gravel at the pattern plate. Maybe they are better now. As you may know I was also very unimpressed by FBlus recently. I assume that the expensive end of Fiocchi is a different story..
Yeah but you have to put in the right place first before you can be impressed :laugh:

That all looks ok. I have to report that when I patterned some about 5 years ago, it was dreadful. I think the phrase I used at the time was that it seemed like a monkey had thrown a handful of gravel at the pattern plate. Maybe they are better now. As you may know I was also very unimpressed by FBlus recently. I assume that the expensive end of Fiocchi is a different story..
Using the wifes laptop we can enlarge the pictures and the shot all appears round with no mishapes. The powder on the other hand is of varying shapes and sizes, but again these are only a £150.00/1000 budget cartridge and I would expect ones that cost £50 - 70.00/1000 dearer to be of a much higher standard.

Have not shot the F series at all so can't compare. Used to shoot the Offical trap cartridge a few years ago and used to like them, however a bit to rich for me at the mo.....

I think if I remember rightly that around 5 years ago or so Fiocchi had a non italian manufacturing plant (eastern eurpoean?) and these were not of the same quality as the Italian ones, possibly green coloured...

I have said before that i thought the top ones 24g were very good for the money. Black sweeter than blue and shoot off very expensive :) of the ones that i have shot IMO black were prob the best value but very tight pattern. But as we all know anything will work if your in the middle of the pattern and expensive ones wont neccasarily make you shoot better. Maybe expensive cartridges are a placebo. ?

Some of you already know that Norgas Cartridge Company sponsor a small team of shooters.

They have all had the free choice of the Fiocchi cartridge range.

The lads all generally shoot F Black Sporting and F Black 7.5, rapidly being slanged as F Black Trap ( I know what they mean)

Some use the odd Golden trap for distant targets, and others work the odd Official whatever into their mix; its up to them.

If you are just starting out or are on a budget the Fiocchi Top One is better than most if not all cartridges in its price range.  Its what I shoot, and I won a competition at the club that I belong to in Cheshire.  I was shocked!  Apart from £25 on the Premium Bonds, its the first thing that I've won in  years.

The Fiocchi fans on the forum will be interested to learn that there will soon be an F Black 9.5 Skeet cartridge available; and F Black with fibre wads are in the pipeline.  Oh, and the long awaited skeet vests are also on their way.

webber

Will the 9 1/2's be Italian size and the same size as british 9's?

Fiocchi are made in Italy so they use Italian sizes, so the answer is yes.

If you visit my website you can see the shot sizes for each cartridge in mm, but the data needs updating for some of the new arrivals which are on the horizon.

webber

Some of you already know that Norgas Cartridge Company sponsor a small team of shooters.

They have all had the free choice of the Fiocchi cartridge range.

The lads all generally shoot F Black Sporting and F Black 7.5, rapidly being slanged as F Black Trap ( I know what they mean)

Some use the odd Golden trap for distant targets, and others work the odd Official whatever into their mix; its up to them.

If you are just starting out or are on a budget the Fiocchi Top One is better than most if not all cartridges in its price range.  Its what I shoot, and I won a competition at the club that I belong to in Cheshire.  I was shocked!  Apart from £25 on the Premium Bonds, its the first thing that I've won in  years.

The Fiocchi fans on the forum will be interested to learn that there will soon be an F Black 9.5 Skeet cartridge available; and F Black with fibre wads are in the pipeline.  Oh, and the long awaited skeet vests are also on their way.

webber
What proof do you have to back this claim up?

I'll let the satisfied customers answer this one.

webber
Are these customers completely unbiased and have completed extensive testing of cartridges?  I doubt they will be!

They are just happy they are getting a good cartridge at a good price, but saying it is "better than most cartridges in its price range" is nothing but a lie, they are no better and no worse than similar priced shells!

Now boys.....it is quite simple...,if you have other preferred cartridges...then just shoot them.!

But....there is a large amount of UK shooters who like Fiocchi and are very pleased with the results....simples!!

......just saying..!

This clearly states that it is a Fiocchi subject thread....so no need to keep posting anti comments....true story..!

:smile:

I don't recall any of my comments being anti, I have never once said that they were a bad shell, I just don't agree that you can go round and claim that they are the best in the price range without cold hard proof, Yes there is a large amount of shooters using Fiocchi, also a large amount using Gamebore, Hull, Eley, Express who again are pleased with the results they get...... true story..!

Are these customers completely unbiased and have completed extensive testing of cartridges?  I doubt they will be!

They are just happy they are getting a good cartridge at a good price, but saying it is "better than most cartridges in its price range" is nothing but a lie, they are no better and no worse than similar priced shells!
I seriously beg to differ.  I don't like naming competitors cartridges, but if you had shot Hull or Eley fibre wads recently and also shot the similar Fiocchi cartridge you would have either noticed the difference or shot with your eyes shut.  A glimpse down the barrel would also be a good idea.

webber

Great...then start a thread about them....it is really quite simple to do....just saying..!!

And....the proof is in the pudding....true story..!

:smile:

I seriously beg to differ.  I don't like naming competitors cartridges, but if you had shot Hull or Eley fibre wads recently and also shot the similar Fiocchi cartridge you would have either noticed the difference or shot with your eyes shut.  A glimpse down the barrel would also be a good idea.

webber
Maybe I am being a bit stupid here, but surely they would only be the best cartridge in the price bracket, if they added kills onto your scorecard, not if my barrel was clean afterwards?

They will feel different due to different wad, powder etc but I highly doubt that they are better! different as everyone's requirements/taste is different! In YOUR opinion they are better, but not everyones!  so making outrageous claims they are the best in the market is quite frankly wrong in my opinion!

I have switched to Fiocchi completely. Not because of what any body has told me but based on trying out several cartridges from the range and forming my own opinions.

They are very clean burning unlike the last lot of Eley Firsts that I used and the better quality ones leave virtually no leading in the barrels although I have yet to try fibre wads other than in Top One.

At the end of the day it's down to the individual. Bottom line is that it's all down to having confidence in what you're using and putting the shot in the right place.

I also like Hull Inter Comp's but unfortunately they only now make these in 24 gram.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to feel about Fiocchi, the same as i got to feel about those chokes that kept being thrust upon us on here

from a totally unbiased point of view i love the f blacks and honestly cant find a more devastating hit for under £200 per thou,i also like express supreme and eley vip but your getting into daft money.I did try a fiochi fibre wad last year that poped and farted in my gun so i used hull sov fibres instead,the fiochi fibres that didnt work for me did 49x50 in another gun and a better shot.If your not representing a perticular brand try differant makes till you find what fits your pocket and works well for you.

Back