Fiocchi or Italian shot size

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just cut one open........perfect round shot......perfect squares......perfect wad....!!

(Excuse the reflections of the lights above).

post-17-0-21406800-1367098469.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
But this one.......ooooooohhh.......no no no......!!

But.....this one with its odd shape lumpy lead......is.....'NOT' a Fiocchi one...!!

post-17-0-87469600-1367099893.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
I open one per slab and have NEVER seen what you have described..... Just saying.
Simple question then.

If they are that great and of such high quality why the need to open one up in every slab? :bb:

Simple question then.

If they are that great and of such high quality why the need to open one up in every slab? :bb:
There is no need.....but it is quality assurance.....all good companies operate similar 'shooter' checks......did you not know that sweetie?

........true story...!!

There is no need.....but it is quality assurance.....all good companies operate similar 'shooter' checks......did you not know that sweetie?

........true story...!!
Thats fair enough.

Not knocking fiocchi as i said in previous threads i have put a thousand through my gun as the odd box of 25 does not give a true reflection, and found them to be not a bad cartridge. :)

Thats fair enough.

Not knocking fiocchi as i said in previous threads i have put a thousand through my gun as the odd box of 25 does not give a true reflection, and found them to be not a bad cartridge. :)
Yeap true......Jessica Rossi and Aaron Heading think that they are not a bad cartridge as well :laugh:

Try the cheaper stuff...dog sh*te!!! Just saying..
Don't know if Top 1's count as cheap but I have shot a few thousand of those and even though I wouldn't class them as right up there in performance terms, the couple I tore up seemed to have OK ingredients. How do you measure softness incidentally, I have no meaningful way of doing this at home.

Just to be clear, I was not referring to Fiocchis in particular by any means.  The only production ammo that I expect to always be what it is supposed to be are Federal Gold Medals, and Federal Premiums.  I don't buy the top line of any other brand and the with the lower line stuff I figure that it'll be close enough that in conjunction with my meager skills no one will know the difference. My reloads with reclaimed shot are probably as close to junk loads as you can get, and they break the targets just fine.  I try to find more important things to worry about hahaha

So shoot whatever rings your bell. 

Charlie

Just to be clear, I was not referring to Fiocchis in particular by any means.  The only production ammo that I expect to always be what it is supposed to be are Federal Gold Medals, and Federal Premiums.  I don't buy the top line of any other brand and the with the lower line stuff I figure that it'll be close enough that in conjunction with my meager skills no one will know the difference. My reloads with reclaimed shot are probably as close to junk loads as you can get, and they break the targets just fine.  I try to find more important things to worry about hahaha

So shoot whatever rings your bell. 

Charlie
Exactly Charlie.....they are meant to be fired and not part of a beauty parade..... :smile: .....

Darky......that said..............................my Golden Trap are soooooooooo pretty...especially when you roll the nice perfectly formed goldy coloured lead up and down the table.....Aaaaaaah :smile:

Have to agree there, the Goldens are a thing of beauty :) problem is, like anything of beauty they do a great job of emptying ones bank account  :money:

Exactly Charlie.....they are meant to be fired and not part of a beauty parade..... :smile: .....

Darky......that said..............................my Golden Trap are soooooooooo pretty...especially when you roll the nice perfectly formed goldy coloured lead up and down the table.....Aaaaaaah :smile:
Hmmmmmmmmmmm   I'm certain that there is some sort of proper reply to that, but it eludes me.  My first thot was that you need to get out more, but that obviously is not the case, so ...................

Hmmmmmmmmmmm   I'm certain that there is some sort of proper reply to that, but it eludes me.  My first thot was that you need to get out more, but that obviously is not the case, so ...................
:smile:

I was j  o  k  i  n  g   :smile:

as was I - I always forget those smilies so here's few extras that folks can toss into my posts when they think I missed them hahaha

no order of preference of course

:haha:      :king:     :sarcastic:       :spiteful:      :gamer:      :crazy:       :hunter:     :nyam:     xD

Heres one I cut up earlier,  A Fiocchi Top One 28gram 7.5. These unlike the Golden only retail at £150.00/1000.  They go bang when I pull the trigger, well they do now after changing the firing pins for longer versions and break the clays pretty well when I'm on them.

In the interests of fairness I used my Krieghoff, German, Swiss Army knife and normally shoot these through my Japaness built American Browning.

post-21-0-43357700-1367265840.jpg

post-21-0-70923300-1367265922.jpg

post-21-0-70834200-1367266086.jpg

post-21-0-51393700-1367266006.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0014.JPG
    DSC_0014.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 0
That all looks ok. I have to report that when I patterned some about 5 years ago, it was dreadful. I think the phrase I used at the time was that it seemed like a monkey had thrown a handful of gravel at the pattern plate. Maybe they are better now. As you may know I was also very unimpressed by FBlus recently. I assume that the expensive end of Fiocchi is a different story..

That all looks ok. I have to report that when I patterned some about 5 years ago, it was dreadful. I think the phrase I used at the time was that it seemed like a monkey had thrown a handful of gravel at the pattern plate. Maybe they are better now. As you may know I was also very unimpressed by FBlus recently. I assume that the expensive end of Fiocchi is a different story..
I'll bring you a box or two of FBlack Sporting to the Jack Pyke and you can see what you think of them. Just remind me nearer the time ;)

Back