FEO Visit this morning

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

techguy

All went well, questions mainly centred around open ground shooting, even though I'm only interested in clay shooting..

Quick cabinet check too.

Said I should have my cert in 6-8 weeks.

He didn't want a tea, coffee, cake, biscuit or chocolate! He was in and out in 15 mins.

Now the wait begins!

Nice one :)

That's quick, from posting my app to getting my cert was 18 weeks.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

My renewal just took almost 4 months.......had to put everything into storage for a few weeks!!!

They would have received the initial application on the 9th March, and if it's 8 weeks from today it will be a little under 10 weeks from initial posting which is pretty good considering they have been *really* busy since September last year...

Now to try to acquire some patience ;)

Dont want to be seen to be bragging but west midlands police were right on the ball. From application/cheque cashed to cert in my hand took 5 weeks!!! The officer who visited was great and gave me some really good advise as well.

Gave cab a firm wobble and told me to use nut type bolts and not screw type ones (oops) other than that he was happy.

The PSNI are turning variations around in approx 10 working days and from reading different posts I'd have to say they must have the quickest turn around in the British isles. For my first application I got a visit from the firearms officer on a Wednesday and the certificate was in the post on the Monday

Jaysus, times must have changed. At one time South Yorks Police did FAC variations while you waited, and Shotgun Certs almost by return post.

Angel.

I think mine only took about 4 weeks to arrive, the initial visit and processing of my application took absolutely ages though!

Seriously exciting - hope it gets there ASAP!!!

A little update for you lovely people, my SGC arrived in the post on Saturday! 10 weeks from posting the application off to having it in my hand.. pretty pleased with that considering the backlog Kent apparently have at the moment.

Now I just need to find 'my first shotgun'...well, and the cash for it too!!

Latest posts

Back