Fauldsy at the US Nationals

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clue is in the title.....National is for nationals....!

P.s. Doing this is not unusual...several of us used to go and shoot the French Fitasc sporting selection shoots....several other nationals come to shoot our selection shoots.......but you of course cannot win them.

Last edited:
:fie:  Does the UK have a rule that foriegners can't win a a national championship?

Don't you know that its all foreigners over here now? all the poms are over your place! :fie:

Come on Fauldsy....!!

Don.....don't temp fate yet... Bobby is only 6 points behind....!!

Actually Nicola I disagree with you a bit, surely if was the USA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS then thats exactly what it is, not the USA CLOSED CHAMPIONSHIPS

G.D. has been down to NZ a few times and has walked away with several NZ titles, not just the International division!

If I shoot in Australia I can win their Championships (only stopped by severe lack of ability) but I'm in with as much chance as anyone on day 1.  

Is it insecurity or the thought that you POMS would take it every year that makes silly rules?

If you leave the grounds as USA Champion surely it be a bit sour to know you were actually beaten and were probably only 2nd or 3rd!!

Common Mads.

You should know....

Rules is rules is rules.

People know them before they go.

:laugh:

Now don't take this off track . Use a PM if you want to talk to me or email.

This is now a well done Rich thread. :wink:

With a CG none the less :girlcrazy: ...Seriously, very, very well done! 

P.S. Bobby Fowler was the Nat'l Champ (for the 3rd time) with one target behind Richard with...are you ready?

a Browning 625 O/U

Last edited by a moderator:
SORRY Nicola is that a form of SORRY!! .

I agree it was EXTREMELY well shot not an issue, in fact BRILLIANT, but it still didn't get the deserved accolades.

1st International while 1 target ahead of the 'winner'

I might just be a dumb kiwi but.......

The clue is in the title.....National is for nationals....!

P.s. Doing this is not unusual...several of us used to go and shoot the French Fitasc sporting selection shoots....several other nationals come to shoot our selection shoots.......but you of course cannot win them.
Spot on Nicola.  A National title is just that.  Now the US OPEN is a different story!

Sorry you guys, cannot agree. BUT there are many examples going both ways in National Championships around the world. 

To me the winner (your RF) is the winner no other way in my reckoning. drive out the gate with the top score- you win simple as. 

Still no, the rules were clear beforehand, only residents of USA can win the National title. Well shot is not doing Fauldsy justice, it is simply an out of this world score and people will remember and salute that in it's own right.

Latest posts

Back