Fauldsy at the US Nationals

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radrac

Some might be interested to know that Fauldsy is currently in the US, having decided after encouragement from Guerini USA at this year's Worlds in April, to take the unusual step of shooting the US Nationals.

This is the biggest event in the US sporting calendar and is held at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio Texas with 1650 people entered for the main event and nearly 2000 entered in one of the week's competitions.

The format for the main event is 4 courses of 75 targets that can be shot over two or four days. Shooting began Tuesday, but Richard and Tanya arrived late on Wednesday following sporting commitments elsewhere  :wink:  , and a nightmare journey to Texas via Atlanta that saw them temporarily separated from their guns in transit at Atlanta, having to get off their connecting flight after the guns were found to take them through customs, and finally getting another connecting flight from Atlanta three hours later!

Anyway, the good news is that it seems to have had no impact on Richard's shooting as he duly delivered a 75 straight on his first course (orange) yesterday afternoon in Texas. He will be shooting one course each day through Sunday. As a foreign national he cannot win the title (but there is nothing stopping him putting in the highest score!), so you need to look at the "International scoreboard" to keep track....

Scores here...

http://www.winscoreonline.com/view_results_cb.php?tournament_id=943

and a few pics...http://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-334-0-52826500-1382692681.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-334-0-64839200-1382692693.jpghttp://www.shootclayforum.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-334-0-82600600-1382692713.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20131025-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20131025-WA0004.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20131025-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20131025-WA0005.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20131025-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20131025-WA0008.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 0
Brilliant post Radrac.

I just love it that after all the difficulties and stress getting the guns there .......he cooly walks up and puts in a straight.

That is pure class....!

Come on ICE MAN....let em ave it..!!

Brits on tour......hope it is another 'drive by'..... that would be EPIC...!!

WOW....just look how many categories, especially juniors and women. I love the idea of the Varsity lady .....the First time attendee Lady ...the Collegiate lady.....the Rookie Lady...the intermediate advanced lady....the main lady etc etc 

I hope someone gets a picture of all the prize table.

It is no wonder they have that many competitors.....people of all sorts have a chance to shine.

Last edited:
You should have left it....lay classes would probably go down quite well...now which one should I enter....??
Well I certainly at my age could not enter the rookie class!   It is probably the only time I could be in the advanced class!   :)

Just looked at the scores, and it seems Richard has surpassed himself.

His score is showing as 76 for Orange . . . . . . . . not bad for only 75 targets ?   :prankster:

"Our man in Texas" now informs me it was a 76 straight not 75 as the competition is actually 2x76 & 2x74...great shot, lousy mathematician!! 

It's damn difficult counting when you don't miss any!!  :haha:

When told I was schlepping round Waitrose with my 3 year old daughter...he was kind enough to point out that he was about to have eggs benedict for breakfast looking out on a clear blue sky before going out to shoot another round...so kind!!  :crying:

Some might be interested to know that Fauldsy is currently in the US, having decided after encouragement from Guerini USA at this year's Worlds in April, to take the unusual step of shooting the US Nationals.

This is the biggest event in the US sporting calendar and is held at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio Texas with 1650 people entered for the main event and nearly 2000 entered in one of the week's competitions.

The format for the main event is 4 courses of 75 targets that can be shot over two or four days. Shooting began Tuesday, but Richard and Tanya arrived late on Wednesday following sporting commitments elsewhere :wink: , and a nightmare journey to Texas via Atlanta that saw them temporarily separated from their guns in transit at Atlanta, having to get off their connecting flight after the guns were found to take them through customs, and finally getting another connecting flight from Atlanta three hours later!

Anyway, the good news is that it seems to have had no impact on Richard's shooting as he duly delivered a 75 straight on his first course (orange) yesterday afternoon in Texas. He will be shooting one course each day through Sunday. As a foreign national he cannot win the title (but there is nothing stopping him putting in the highest score!), so you need to look at the "International scoreboard" to keep track....

Scores here...

http://www.winscoreonline.com/view_results_cb.php?tournament_id=943

and a few pics... IMG-20131025-WA0004.jpg IMG-20131025-WA0005.jpg IMG-20131025-WA0008.jpg
what sh*t weather their having, no wind or rain, just blue skies. Good luck to them!! Let's hope he tops the pile at the end of the comp.

Where can I find the up to date scores?
If you use the "simplified score selector" you can choose "national championship" and the "Main international" from the next drop down box. Richard is currently third with two stands left to shoot/be recorded.

Brilliant post Radrac.

I just love it that after all the difficulties and stress getting the guns there .......he cooly walks up and puts in a straight.

That is pure class....!

Come on ICE MAN....let em ave it..!!

Brits on tour......hope it is another 'drive by'..... that would be EPIC...!!
You took the words  out of my mouth there Nicola.

What a legend he is makes you proud to be British the ICE MAN indeed come on Richard show them the way.

As for categories they seem to have covered almost every possible angle but a little disappointed not to see a "Cross dressing pre- op transvestite lady-boy"  guess no one is perfect... :spiteful:

he has now shot 76,73,72!!! looking at the scores on the main event he could win overall if he misses out 4 or 5 stands tomorrow! pity its a closed shop for the win :(

Don...it is the 'US' Nationals....it is what it says on the tin.

Brilliant result for the Iceman xx

The C&G obviously works very well.

Does the UK have a rule that foriegners can't win a national championship .

For example could I be crowned national champ in the UK ( in my dreams :king: ) if I entered and won even though I'm from Australia ?

Ken

Latest posts

Back