Eye height over rib

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irishgunner

Just tuck a photo of about how much rib I like to see ( taken with iPhone ) so not exactly in line as my eye would be, and it's my semi I use and over and under, opinions please ?
qy5yhema.jpg

For me that would be shooting high and right, but I like my guns to shoot flatter than a very flat thing.

I expect a lot of replies will say either too much rib, not enough rib or somewhere inbetween. Everbody sees it differently.

The pattern plate is, of course, the only true test for this. Not enough people actually conduct tests at the plate. Give it a go. It can be very, very revealing!  :biggrin:

For me that would be shooting high and right, but I like my guns to shoot flatter than a very flat thing.

I expect a lot of replies will say either too much rib, not enough rib or somewhere inbetween. Everbody sees it differently.

The pattern plate is, of course, the only true test for this. Not enough people actually conduct tests at the plate. Give it a go. It can be very, very revealing! :biggrin:
What's your pigeon watch name?

The pattern plate is, of course, the only true test for this. Not enough people actually conduct tests at the plate. Give it a go. It can be very, very revealing!  :biggrin:
I really don't rate the pattern plate for POI testing (beyond very basic stuff). For instance it is only a clay that is likely to make you lift your head if the comb is too low. When I started I religiously perfected the poi on a plate. Then after a few months made a big step forward by raising the comb a big chunk.

What's your pigeon watch name?
Sorry Darkside, this is the only forum I am on. Don't do Facebook, Myspace or any other either. I'm not much of a fan of technology as you probably realise, and try to remain as unseen as possible.

Don't want to appear a "brownose" but in my humble opinion this is the only forum connected with shooting, that I am aware of, that is worth contributing to. :biggrin:

I really don't rate the pattern plate for POI testing (beyond very basic stuff). For instance it is only a clay that is likely to make you lift your head if the comb is too low. When I started I religiously perfected the poi on a plate. Then after a few months made a big step forward by raising the comb a big chunk.
+ 1 me too

Patterning a bit different than how you shoot a clay...useful to understand choke spreads though...

High and right, take the right out of it that's a Camara not my eye but the height is very close to what I see, not sure where that semi shoots but the over and under with that sight picture is about 60/40

I like to see a bit more rib than that but looks perfectly good anyway.

Have never shot at a pattern plate ,

On my gun the middle bead and front bead form a figure 8 and are in a straight line when I look along them and then I shoot a 25 yard incoming crow as it peaks , if it turns the air black with soot job done , don't over complicate it , can never see what a pattern plate does as everything is stationary , works for me but no doubt some will disagree

Steve

R.I.P. The Dark Art of the Pattern Plate.

Another mystery lost in the mists of time??  :sarcastic:

I see more than that.

I'd never use a pattern plate either unless comparing chokes, which I don't!

I set up on straight incommers and going aways...

I don't buy in to all that see the target and only the target, I know where the gun is all the time, I wouldn't have a clue how much rib I'm seeing when I'm shooting a clay,I'm asking this as a gun fit question, I posted a photo cause it's impossible to ask some one how much rib they see,with the photo it's higher r lower and explain why ? Appreciate the replies

Back