Extending Benelli Comfortec stock

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Bartlett

Has anyone done this? I am looking at getting one but need to add nearly 3" in length to the stock and also want to achieve a parallel comb. Can i just buy the extra high comb piece and trim it to suit?

Has anyone done this? I am looking at getting one but need to add nearly 3" in length to the stock and also want to achieve a parallel comb. Can i just buy the extra high comb piece and trim it to suit?
Fairly sure the longer you make a stock the lower comb height will be so 3" is going to make a parallel stock pretty hard to achieve. It may be that having a special spacer used where grip meets action (or double packing existing ones) will achieve better ergonomics, otherwise I can see the stock sitting too low in your shoulder even if you achieve a high comb via adjustments.

I've got a comb raiser I could sell you. You can get different size pads but even the longest is nowhere the length you are looking for.

I have researched all of the Benelli options and like chesterse says none will make up the length i am looking for! I cannot be the only one as these comfortec stocks are very short as standard but has anyone on here extended before?

I know Benelli do three different comb raiser sizes but can they be sanded or modified? Is the material suitable for sanding or will it have to be modified with a knife or can it me melted and re formed?

Fairly sure the longer you make a stock the lower comb height will be so 3" is going to make a parallel stock pretty hard to achieve. It may be that having a special spacer used where grip meets action (or double packing existing ones) will achieve better ergonomics, otherwise I can see the stock sitting too low in your shoulder even if you achieve a high comb via adjustments.
I also thought of this but then by putting more spacers between the stock and the action your also moving your front hand further away from the trigger which causes other problems.The extended stock at the butt end is the way to go as the shim kits will change angles and get me my required length and drop. I'll have to then see how much of a comb raiser i will then need to get my cheek in the right place. Fortunately i have already got a gun stock that fits me perfectly on my O/U browning so i will be trying to get this Benelli identical to my browning. It may take some time. The key is how to attach any extensions as synthetic stocks are pretty much hollow so i am told. Will i have to glue extension pieces on and will that mean i then lose the comfortec shock absorbing principle?

Latest posts

Back