European Firearm pass

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shootinguru

I hope that all of shooters that intend to shoot overseas have obtained their European Firearms pass

with the gun that they are taking entered on there by their local firearms department?

For all countries outside Europe it is SGC and whatever visa requirements are needed by the country you are entering.....true story..!

:wink:

Here to serve....from IPhone

The reason that I posted the topic is because I am booking our flights to Lisbon for the World Fitasc and flights are filling fast!  I am also booking flights to Amsterdam for the Dutch G.P. !

Hotels are heavily booked in Portugal and shooters will have to travel so don't sit on your butts get moving if you intend to go!

It's no good for Ireland either, they have their own rules....North or South   :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
You should get one, but I have never been asked for it. Normal shotgun certificate, invitiation letter thats it. Like most bureaucracy the EU licencse is a necessary waste of space!!!! but it keeps them

employed.

Peeps.....if you are travelling in Europe with guns....you 'have' to have an EFP. You will not get in the airport at the other end without it. Also if you are stopped by the police within a European country carrying a shot gun and cannot produce an EFP either then or at the Hotel.....you are in deep doooodies.

Trust me.....I play in Europe regularly during the year and have done for donkeys of years.......just saying.

It is a legal requirement.

Peeps.....if you are travelling in Europe with guns....you 'have' to have an EFP. You will not get in the airport at the other end without it. Also if you are stopped by the police within a European country carrying a shot gun and cannot produce an EFP either then or at the Hotel.....you are in deep doooodies.

Trust me.....I play in Europe regularly during the year and have done for donkeys of years.......just saying.

It is a legal requirement.
This.

Its common sense... the clue is in the name of the document. I needed mine when the guns left for Madrid last year as we went across the Chunnel... I needed one for Portugal...  it's free to get from your local Police authority.

Dont think I would risk travelling without for the sake of a free EFP

No way would I travel to or in Europe without one. They are easy to apply for. I think I just wrote a 2 line letter asking for one and the serial number and make of what I wanted on it. It arrived very quickly. I was stopped on a routine security check on the french side of the channel on the way back. Really glad I had one they took no longer than 5 mins to check the serial number and waved me through. No problem at all.

EFP's are issued in countries belonging to the EU. Norway and Switzerland, for example, are NOT part of the EU. Neither are they issued in the Channel Islands. The list is on the CPSA website on the Visitors Permit application form. Some EU countries, including ours,also have additional requirements when travelling with shotguns.

Back