essex masters

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OTT in what way Will ?
They made my day as i straighted the stand 13 on the red. The first was a rapid low quartering/going away bird which started 40 yards away. 

The second was a rabbit from 15 to 20 yards in front going away only presenting about 1/3 of it's face and moving rapidly. The third was a huge teal starting from 30 to 40 yards in front and rocketing up and away and the fourth was a crossing low fast looper that plummeted just where you wanted to shoot it. I thought both stand 13 were great fill in targets and i missed 3 on the black one :) . All a bit of fun but something to sort out the big boys. I heard that George straighted the red 13 but didn't hear how he got on the the black 13? 

Perhaps he will tell us as i see he has just joined and is viewing the thread? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
photo-15-1024x768.jpg

I got the teal and the rabbit in the wrong order. B is the teal and C is the rabbit. This picture is of stand 13 on the red.

The far board on the right hand side is D the looper and the nearer board is B the teal.

Last edited by a moderator:
As always a proper days shooting in very attractive surroundings,wish there were more like it. I found it a tad harder than last year particularly black. Trying to hard crashed and burned simple as that. Highlight watching son shoot the fill in stands striaght only needing full use on the teal as good as I've ever seen him shoot.

this was one of the most enjoyable shoots i have shot for a long time , really good technical targets something to think about , i shot a 171 , but had 4 stands two on each course where i missed 3 on each , really good squad of people , well done all round 

steve

Travelled up Thursday and shot The Fennes Shooting School, nice ground with an evil high tower.

Shot the Masters Friday, squad 16, great company. What an excellent shoot. Great targets, all went like clockwork.

Shot 150 (73 Red,77 Black) pleased with that in B class. Will definitely go back

Shot this yesterday brilliant layout and very well run targets for all classes but boy did the tough ones sort the men out from the boys :fie:

and at this moment in time I feel like a very little boy! so a massive big up to Mr Ed Solomons for a truly immense score amazing concentration and shooting skills... :prankster:

Shot this on Saturday with Jem and Lainy.  Started out in a rush, as missed breakfast at the hotel, so stopped at a café on the way to the ground.  By the time we got there, it was time to shoot, so we were a bit rushed.  The experts call it a "technical" course.  I looked at the targets and thought there was not much to catch you out... What the hell do I know!!  Dropped bloody loads, all over the place!  Got caught out the whole way round, with only a few straights.    Only managed the left to right crosser on red 13, and 2 on black 13, and finished up around 12 below my average.  But I really did enjoy it, nevertheless.  One day I'll put my shooting head on BEFORE I call pull!!  But a good day with good company, and it wasn't reg, so who cares?  :biggrin:

Shot the shoot Friday and Saturday and really enjoyed the shoot, if I become king then all squaded shoots will start from stand one with the same start intervals as the masters. Just perfect, get to the next stand and see enough of the preceding squad to get a feel for the targets without any wait.

The targets were great, the one that got me was the little floppy teal at the back end of the red course, everyone was missing it on my squad and the squad in front of us. It looked such a simple target.

Loved this shoot. I'm a big fan of Dyson targets. Didn't start the day well when I looked in my wash bag and couldn't find any contact lenses (stayed in a b&b last night) I thought no panic, I keep a pair in my shooting bag. Found 3 in my bag 2 left, 1 right. Right eyed one all dried up. So I shot the Essex Masters with a left contact lens in my right eye so as not to be completely blind. I'm right eyed dominant so it may have been a bit of a handicap.
Thought I'd try them out on the pool shoot and hit 2...missed 14. Look forward to a shoot like this for months and nearly went home at that point. Anyway I got on with it and after a shaky start on black settled down to hit 74.
Happy with that. Only really dodgy stand was the sim left to right black crossers that I just didn't read correctly.
Started well on the red then started getting 5s and dropping the last bird every damn stand and only managed 66. Final score 140. Not great but not embarrassing either.
Can't wait for next year!!

Well it certainly met my expectations, we both thoroughly enjoyed it. I was happy with my 92/200 although Tony had hoped for more than his 145/200 but he did have a few dodgy moments poor love. Shot with a friendly squad and my highlight was managing the A bird on the Red stand 13 - I could hear Steve Lovett in my head telling me to push on :)

Back from the Essex Masters, a great weekend. Superbly run, a good mix of targets no delays or excessive queing and at a reasonable cost.

Fantastic weather on the Sunday as an added bonus. I thought the Red course was the more technical of the two layouts.

Particularly liked stand 13 on each course although I didnt get more than two on either one.

Left too many out there, especially on the red course, aided by a minging hangover.

Look foward to shooting this next year. Well done to John Dyson and all the team.

great shooting  Tim Webster,   and GD, worth going twice for George!

gd has a facebook,, he posts 'important' results/comments. 

Back