English Open - Doveridge - May 10, 11 &12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never been to Doveridge, looked at the results from 2010 BO, must have been on the stiff'ish side? Was it rough weather or stiff targets?

Never been to Doveridge, looked at the results from 2010 BO, must have been on the stiff'ish side? Was it rough weather or stiff targets?
Stiff'ish targets with a lot of it set up the valley which to Lincolnshire lads like me seems like a virtual mountain. Only a part of it is being used this year so it will be interesting to see how the shoot pans out.
I'm on at 11am Friday so will soon find out.

Friday 11am with Nicky T.

Bet its bloody raining.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Shot it today - tough shoot, as you would expect for the English Open. Weather conditions not ideal poor light and drizzle to start off with and strong wind building up through the day.
Enjoyed the shoot but as on most occasions could have done better - finished on 71.
I think if the weather improves on the weekend it will be won with about a 93.

Me too. Finished on 80 probably 5 shy with the wind effected targets. Some good shooters in the low 80s.

Nice to meet a few shootclayers around today.

Matt, darky and his good lady, sloppy, lead belly, Micky T and probably a few more as well.

Windy, very windy on a couple of stands targets affected pair by pair, but even if it didnt blow them about I found some targets just too tough, blanked two stands straighted 3 but only carded about 50, should have been 60+ as i missed too many of the "easier" targets ( not that there were many) a 60+ I would have been happy with considering toughness of layout.

Windy, very windy on a couple of stands targets affected pair by pair, but even if it didnt blow them about I found some targets just too tough, blanked two stands straighted 3 but only carded about 50, should have been 60+ as i missed too many of the "easier" targets ( not that there were many) a 60+ I would have been happy with considering toughness of layout.
Agree entirely, I finished on a 51 which is the lowest score Ive carded for some time.

It was windy, but I thought the course was on the stiff side as well. Like you said there were some birds I just didn't have a clue with and combine this with a lot of 3 pair stands, by the time you've got your eye in (sort of) you're off the stand.

Still, they were tough for everyone but it would be nice if you could go to one of these majors and still be able to put in something like your 'normal' classification score. I know its got to be tough enough to find a worthy winner, but it shouldn't demoralise us mere mortals in C and B class!

Was a good day though and always a pleasure to meet up with Nicky T, Chard and Timps etc.

Iggy.

Agree entirely, I finished on a 51 which is the lowest score Ive carded for some time.

It was windy, but I thought the course was on the stiff side as well. Like you said there were some birds I just didn't have a clue with and combine this with a lot of 3 pair stands, by the time you've got your eye in (sort of) you're off the stand.

Still, they were tough for everyone but it would be nice if you could go to one of these majors and still be able to put in something like your 'normal' classification score. I know its got to be tough enough to find a worthy winner, but it shouldn't demoralise us mere mortals in C and B class!

Was a good day though and always a pleasure to meet up with Nicky T, Chard and Timps etc.

Iggy.

Good to see you Iggy,

I found it a bit of a ballbreaker too. I got off to a shocking start - I only managed to hit 4 out of 20 birds from the first 3 stands we shot :hyper:

Managed to get my act together over most of the rest of it, but the damage was done, I ended up on 63 :yell:

Hey-ho. Nice to see lots of gimps there today, and most of them shot like bell ends :spiteful:

Latest posts

Back