Elbar / El Chimbo

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dafid

Just acquired an el chimbo or elbar 410 hammer gun sxs.

Anyone know any history about them?

Going to take it on a clay shoot next weekend.

Eibar is a place . In Spain . It’s the sort of Spanish equivalent of Gardone in Italy an area where the gun making trade is concentrated . I’ve seen the name El Chimbo in the shooting magazines when I was a kid 50 years ago . I think they are at the cheap and cheerful end of the market .,A double barrel .410 is useful knock about farm/ pest gun . Have fun with it !

I have the .410 El Chimbo and it's a cracker. I'm currently using it to teach my grandson and granddaughter on clays.

Eibar is a place . In Spain . It’s the sort of Spanish equivalent of Gardone in Italy an area where the gun making trade is concentrated . I’ve seen the name El Chimbo in the shooting magazines when I was a kid 50 years ago . I think they are at the cheap and cheerful end of the market .,A double barrel .410 is useful knock about farm/ pest gun . Have fun with it !
Thank you.

I have the .410 El Chimbo and it's a cracker. I'm currently using it to teach my grandson and granddaughter on clays.
Thank you.
Mine had tight chambers so I used the other end of a 10mm drill bit and double sided taped some emery cloth to it and used a cordless drill to open them up. Now they fall out
I really love the gun.
The spread pattern from them is perfect.

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately 410 isn't allowed here, because of who knows. Permitting cartridges that could be used for fun? The horror. For use in the field? Nope. I would imagine I'd have had a ton of fun if grandpa would have handed me a 410 when I was too young for a full size 12 gauge.

That sounds like fun. Unfortunately 410 isn't allowed here, because of who knows. Permitting cartridges that could be used for fun? The horror. For use in the field? Nope. I would imagine I'd have had a ton of fun if grandpa would have handed me a 410 when I was too young for a full size 12 gauge.
Probably not allowed due to the steel shot thing. It's a problem that small calibre users In the UK may have fo face soon.

Just acquired an el chimbo or elbar 410 hammer gun sxs.

Anyone know any history about them?

Going to take it on a clay shoot next weekend.
I have the same one in 3" Magnum.Its a belting little gun if you put it in the right place it's very effective.
It does throw a good pattern.
Like others it will be used to teach the grandchildren.
Good on clays and game.

Probably not allowed due to the steel shot thing. It's a problem that small calibre users In the UK may have fo face soon.

Not sure about that, from what I gather it may have had to do with old poaching stuff. I do think that you're right in the sense that even if allowed, finding steel shot would be very difficult if possible at all.

Latest posts

Back