EJ Churchill 2.1.14

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note ....

They are all 'corporate grounds' that put on competitions ....true story..!

It is always a living for someone. Does not matter how many staff a ground has.....it is all about through put....and at a big ground...the registered shoot is not the 'only' thing going on.....just saying (like Will pointed out). 

And no one on here has any idea at all of just what they have to do on any given day to fulfil their business requirements to 'all' of their customers.

So.......chill out people....and be thankful that they are not just a lesson only ground or private only club.....because that would be a real shame.

For the record.....I only get chance to shoot there about 2 or 3 times a year....and i always enjoy the experience.....True Story  :brunette:

Payout is a month after the shoot?!?

Lainy was second in C today and we waited until the end to be told payout a month after the shoot!
Payout a month after the shoot !! Surely you jest, so I guess it stays in Churchill's account earning interest for a month and longer if people can't make it back ? I've shot here a few times and to be honest most times it's pretty tame and uninspiring to shoot so stopped going, shooting in bunds and permanent stands ideas run low, shot a practice shoot here and was good fun but I'm sure if you shot it regular you would get used to the target set up, personally give my open grounds and scores and prize payout on the boards for all to see ! They would let you pay in a months time to shoot comp now !! I recently shot Weston-wood and personally find it a far better shoot and guess what they paid out at the end of the shoot !! And I must say the young lady taking the entries was very nice and pleasant and explained the format & where to go, now that refreshing !!! Maybe this is why there grounds are very successful and busy !

:banghead:   :banghead:   

Loved the interest bit.....you would only get a massive 5% if you tied it up for 3 years :laugh:

So on a payout not collected of say £40 - £100 that would be........now let me work this out...........yes that is it......Duck all.... :laugh:

I enjoyed it just as much as i always enjoy a visit to Weston Wood. Both grounds give you an enjoyable day out with your mates. :wink:

:banghead: :banghead:

Loved the interest bit.....you would only get a massive 5% if you tied it up for 3 years :laugh:

So on a payout not collected of say £40 - £100 that would be........now let me work this out...........yes that is it......Duck all.... :laugh:

I enjoyed it just as much as i always enjoy a visit to Weston Wood. Both grounds give you an enjoyable day out with your mates. :wink:
that's bloody funny nic!! Made me chuckle

Please don't forget you all have the right to appeal your scores with the ground/cpsa, hence a reason for the slight delay in pay out. With 12manned stands the overheads increase. Bear in mind that clay and ground staff costs equate to at least £28 per 100 excluding the scorer/referee costs and overheads for the front desk support. EJC do a great job in putting on a registered shoot and I don't think any of us would want to see another registered shoot disappear. Maybe it is time for the CPSA to regulate the cost of a registered shoot!!!!!

Shakespeare...more of a Burn's man, thanks!

They all have the same number of classes, with 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each...just Churchills have LESS non winning scores to add up!!! So tell me again why they can't publish a winners list on social media??? Too many staff???
Here........just saying.. :laugh:

Please don't forget you all have the right to appeal your scores with the ground/cpsa, hence a reason for the slight delay in pay out. With 12manned stands the overheads increase. Bear in mind that clay and ground staff costs equate to at least £28 per 100 excluding the scorer/referee costs and overheads for the front desk support. EJC do a great job in putting on a registered shoot and I don't think any of us would want to see another registered shoot disappear. Maybe it is time for the CPSA to regulate the cost of a registered shoot!!!!!
I am afraid that CPSA cannot do that. All grounds are independent businesses and apart from the rules for running a registered competition, they cannot interfere in other 'real' businesses. But i like and agree with the rest of your post.

I think that shooters need to remember that we need grounds to put on registered shoots (in any disciplines) more than they need us....especially when they are already successful and have far bigger fish to fry.

I sincerely hope that Dashers does not read this thread. :wink:  

Show me where I said you you did!!!

...but, with over 100 entry's at EJC, it would be fair to assume they would?!?!
Double computer discharge :laugh: :laugh:

....just noticed post 124 and in quick succession 125  :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
jgbrew i would love to know how you get your figures .and what a load of tosh about delayed payouts , for running reg shoots 4 a month for 10 years i can assure you that if there is a discrepancy with a score the shooter points it out straight away ,

sorry still bored but pulled back in 

One of the reasons Wylye was so successful was they were consistent with prize money and the way they gave it to you in a envelope with a smile on their  face, without making you feel like their doing you a favour !Shot at quite a few grounds very few follow this simple formula !

Question..... If it is so easy to get the scores ...and it is all linked to shoot 08 and the internet......how come CPSA does not get them up immediately? Not wanting to be controversial here...but we have to play fair. They are not yet up on the CPSA site.

Nothing to do with this topic. But I found a Blackberry Phone at Churchill's Yesterday, Handed it in to the reception. if you, or anyone you know has lost one, you know where it is

When Al Maktoum keeps me in suspense from knowing whether I have merely bagged runner up it's possible my decorum would suffer momentarily but I'm really struggling to understand the urgent need to know here.

I am afraid that CPSA cannot do that. All grounds are independent businesses and apart from the rules for running a registered competition, they cannot interfere in other 'real' businesses. But i like and agree with the rest of your post.

I think that shooters need to remember that we need grounds to put on registered shoots (in any disciplines) more than they need us....especially when they are already successful and have far bigger fish to fry.

I sincerely hope that Dashers does not read this thread. :wink:
. He's to busy shooting woodcock down here!!

Nothing to do with this topic. But I found a Blackberry Phone at Churchill's Yesterday, Handed it in to the reception. if you, or anyone you know has lost one, you know where it is
. If you claim it you won't get it back till February !!!

Question..... If it is so easy to get the scores ...and it is all linked to shoot 08 and the internet......how come CPSA does not get them up immediately? Not wanting to be controversial here...but we have to play fair. They are not yet up on the CPSA site.
The scores are uploaded on to the CPSA system at 4pm on the day they are received. They then appear next day for all to see! There is no delay built-in to the system and the Shoot programme will download to the CPSA as soon as you have an internet connection once all the results are entered. 

By the way - if it costs £28 per shooter for 100 targets then I would suggest that costs need addressing, and quickly too!

Latest posts

Back