East Midlands Director

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope that Outlaw was suggesting that 99% of the management was inept rather than 99% of the membership being inept, there's a big difference.  One being a realistic statement, one resulting in upsetting approx. 25740 people!

I like many others have watched for many years the infighting and politics within the Cpsa in the current debates and arguments could some one explain to me why if the directors gain no benefits from the positions they hold why do they fight tooth and nail to remain in post? I for one see no reason to take the punishment and abuse dished out for no return

It must be that they think its prestigious or worth doing.  They have been elected so feel that they are there as a duty to their supporters or perhaps as of right having been elected.  I imagine that they don't want to give in as it amounts to failure.

Frankly being  director carries huge responsibility and the potential for personal liability if you don't act properly.

They should work together as a team, in harmony and compromise.

Hope I'm not speaking out of turn here and I dont speak for the departed East Mids director when I say this, I am only making an observation knowing Colin personally. 

He fought tooth and nail to get there and stay there for the benefit of the common shooter and thought he could bring about a change in how the CPSA conducted itself. Unfortunately, no matter how hard he tried the CPSA wasn't for changing. Sound familiar? ask Nicola. As I said earlier in the thread, there is only so much one man (or woman) can take. We are possibly going the right way with a change of articles but without a major board shake up I fear the worst.

Quick question, those that have shot majors lately, no matter what discipline, which director did you see representing the CPSA? 

And the skeet e/o. I rest my case, not one of the other directors turned up to represent unless it was a paid jolly to America ;)

Hold on a minute - to be fair:

Worlds @ Sweetslade - I met Nick Fellows and Terry Bobbett there and had a chat with them both.  Colin was at that, as well as at the Prelim Sporting

EO & BO - cannot remember

2013 ESP EO -Doveridge - Colin was there for sure. .

Nick should be there as he is salaried and if its not in his job description it should be. The cynical may think terry was setting precedent for a worlds trip.

my point is we have 2 national directors and cant remember how many regional directors and we only ever see one of them at major shoots. Poor form for elected representatives in my book.

Colin also attended the majority of East Midlands shoots and any National Championship that we held, Major or Minor.

This weekend for the All Round we have David Jellicoe (not sure if that's correct spelling), I've not met him yet so looking forward to it.

Tony Heeks used to come but since Colin was elected I assume he attended as he lived closer and we are in his region.

Hold on a minute - to be fair:

Worlds @ Sweetslade - I met Nick Fellows and Terry Bobbett there and had a chat with them both. Colin was at that, as well as at the Prelim Sporting

EO & BO - cannot remember

2013 ESP EO -Doveridge - Colin was there for sure. .
Nick Fellows was at Doveridge the day I shot it.

Tut tut tut......wake up people... :smile:

All directors are assigned majors to attend and fly the flag......whether you recognise them is another thing :smile:

Anyway......who cares......we only want to SHOOT.....!!

:laugh: :laugh: ......isn't that what everyone normally says :laugh:

To be fair Nick was at the EO @ Doveridge on the Saturday and Sunday and also at the Worlds last year.

Jon.

New East Midlands Director has been appointed by the Region - read all about it here

Good luck Clive, I have no doubt that you will passionately look after the interests of all the shooters within our Region :D

Good luck to Clive. Now all you have to do as a region is get the rest of the Board to accept him.....I believe there has been a bit of a battle...!!

Of course it is up to the region 'not' the board ....to decide a regional director.

Well it is at the minute. Once these articles go through.....the water might get choppy......hope he can swim..... L. O. L.

I am sure that the Board will welcome Clive with open arms!!!! :D I would love to be a fly on the wall when they get that news! hahaha

Good news. I only know Clive by reputation but I like what I hear. I hope he's got a good supply of tin hats, I think he might need them.

At least that's East Midlands, Kent & Berkshire that are taking an interest. Oh! silly me we're not taking an interest we're just trouble makers aren't we?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure that the Board will welcome Clive with open arms!!!! :D I would love to be a fly on the wall when they get that news! hahaha
Apparently they've got the news. Just heard from a VERY reliable source that the board have refused to accept his appointment as they feel that they are unable to work with him (where have we heard that before).

There is a board meeting next Tuesday to which Clive has invited him self to discuss the matter further.

If any one had any doubts as to what the new articles were all about this should prove it.

Total control of the CPSA by the board with the members having no rights whatsoever. For God's sake people wake up and do something about this before it's too late!!

Noooooooo.

Surely not..........the board cannot reject a director put forward by their region. There is nothing in the Articles that covers that....!!

At least not in the present working ones.

This is a new step too far if true.

Latest posts

Back