Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:fie:  A Fitasc (style) shoot with a 1000 entries is a big headache if you have never held a Fitasc shoot before! thats as many entries as the

recent World Championships.

The shoot would have to be new system with a minimum of 8 parcours eac h having 4 pegs  = 128 traps + spares   tot al 150 tra ps.

There would be 165 x 6 man squads to shoot each day, maximum 30 minutes per squad,  This is where your experienced referees come in

to keep the squads flowing on time! The organisation needs to be 110% and everyone knowing their job!

If anyone thinks  I am talking bollocks  ask  Steve if he could run the World with no experience and no proffessional help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure there will be a clear set of rules for how they will run the event , when people get / see the programme when they get there.

I just hope they have a clear knowledgable 'international' Jury and some sort of procedure set for any problems, complaints and / or any suspected cheating. It is a massive prize fund and will draw all sorts out to shoot it.....so I hope it goes well and that there are no incidents.

Hope it is televised or put on u-tube.

:fie:  Matt if you don't see what the problem is with inexperienced non qualified refs ? I just hope that if you shoot this shoot you are not in the running for big  prize money! :crazy:  
My point was, the standard of refereeing at majors over the last few years has been very low, ref's not knowing or enforcing the rules, double standards etc, so not having any qualified ref's in the sand won't make any difference.

:fie:  Matt its like I said in my last post, You need experienced refs to keep the shoot running on time! they are tho shoots "time keepers".

Don, That would mean instead of you finishing 999th you would probably finish in 899th place :crazy:   :crazy:  

:fie:  Will Fennel answered my e mail today and said that Ant Materese is not setting the targets and he is flying out with Will to shoot the shoot! :hunter:  

This will be one of the better shoots of the year, we,ve been asking for this sort of prize fund for years!!

I would imagine the hospitality out there will be second to none

Lets get out there give it ago and then we can pass comment of whether it was any good or not
Chris has hit the nail on the head here!!

How long have we been crying out for this type of prize fund in clay shooting? And the best we can do is moan and speculate about the unknown!

I totally agree that great refs like "Wynno" play their part but lets not forget that its us competitors that really make an event a success or not!

From the names I've seen signed up so far this looks to be a truly spectacular event and it will only help to put shooting on the world sporting stage!

Lets encourage this competition to develop and grow and hopefully it will become a regular event on our calendar  :hunter:  

Chris has hit the nail on the head here!!

How long have we been crying out for this type of prize fund in clay shooting? And the best we can do is moan and speculate about the unknown!

I totally agree that great refs like "Wynno" play their part but lets not forget that its us competitors that really make an event a success or not!

From the names I've seen signed up so far this looks to be a truly spectacular event and it will only help to put shooting on the world sporting stage!

Lets encourage this competition to develop and grow and hopefully it will become a regular event on our calendar  :hunter:
Spot on, can't believe people are whinging about something that hasn't even happened yet ! That's not just this forum either, there's negative poo being slung about elsewhere. 

:fie:  My reply to Hampster and all!

The prize money alone will not make this a GREAT shoot!  Its not as easy as that, organization is what will make it a great shoot!

There are shooters who have been blinded by the $ dollar signs, most of them could'ent give a rats ass what the shoot is like if they get in the prize money!  But if you want 1000 shooters to compete there has to be something for the 850 shooters who will win nothing!

They have to be "entertained" by the shoot, by the targets, the razzamatazz etc., It will cost them the same amount to get to and do the shoot as the winner. Without these 850 "also rans" you don't have a shoot!

Maybe there will be fully trained Fitasc referees but I doubt it if they are shooting "gun optional"  I hope I am wrong!

!000 shooters is a very high number to hope for but for certain the UK will field the most "Internationals" the USA probably 50? Europeans 200?

where will the rest come from?

What will cost them shooters is the lack of information about this shoot!  This is my last post on this shoot till its over.

Oh Siiiiiiyreeeel.....what are you on about.

It is not a Fitasc shoot and if it was.....under the new system.....you would not know what the targets are...only where they are coming from.....therefore.........

All the shooters going are looking forward to a very special event....they will be told how it will be run, I presume, when they get there.....and being experienced shooters from all the World, I do not think they will need weeks of cramming the rules to understand them.

As for refs......wait and see......remember....the organiser was pretty spammed up enough in order to win an Olympic Gold medal....I am sure he will manage quite nicely organising the biggest ever prize pot shoot that the World has ever seen.

So sit back quietly and wait till it is over .....just asking :wink:

Shootinguru,

I do agree that with the amount of money at stake there needs to be excellent, unbiased scoring / refereeing coupled to transparent, easy to follow / enforce rules and of course the targets, food, amenities and organisation need to be top notch. 

The point some of us are trying to make though is that this is EXACTLY what we have all been crying out for for decades and now someone has come along and is trying to provide a shoot the like of which we may never see again, unless it is a success that attracts further investment from big sponsors. 

The least we could do is try and do everything in our power to project a good image, what we don't need is sand boy snide remarks, lone palm tree jibes or doom and gloom projections of problems that have not and may not occur. I have never been to a shoot in any Arab country but judging by the efforts they put into other facilities it's likely this is going to live up to most peoples expectations so lets support them and be positive.

Shootinguru,

I do agree that with the amount of money at stake there needs to be excellent, unbiased scoring / refereeing coupled to transparent, easy to follow / enforce rules and of course the targets, food, amenities and organisation need to be top notch. 

The point some of us are trying to make though is that this is EXACTLY what we have all been crying out for for decades and now someone has come along and is trying to provide a shoot the like of which we may never see again, unless it is a success that attracts further investment from big sponsors. 

The least we could do is try and do everything in our power to project a good image, what we don't need is sand boy snide remarks, lone palm tree jibes or doom and gloom projections of problems that have not and may not occur. I have never been to a shoot in any Arab country but judging by the efforts they put into other facilities it's likely this is going to live up to most peoples expectations so lets support them and be positive.
Well said

Well if they want to fly me in (business class), put me up in a nice (5*) hotel and feed and water me I'll gladly put up with 'reffin' for a few days. I'll even read the rule book on the plane over !!

DT

Should have made it a trap event....just saying :wink:

spoken to a couple of people who are involved in this,  it looks like it will be run by a group of people who have plenty of know how in running and reffing big shoots  and the targets are being set by someone who has World Class experience in this field though i'm unable to name names for the moment.

Back