DTL Selection shoot - N&DGC

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8 90

Good luck to all who are taking part this weekend  :thumbsup:

36 x 100's today in the first of the DTL selection shoots !! 

Today's results were on Facebook - I'll post a link when N&DGC put the results for the 2 days on their site. 

The quality of dtl shooters over the last twenty years has meant that you need 300 to get in a shoot off. To me the pressure of one second barrell and you may as well get your coat is phenomenal. I admire these shooters a great deal but wonder how the top lads doing 300 week in week out keep there interest and motivation.

No point as such just an observation to aid further discussion.

Some of us want to be better than the rest some of the time they want to be the best every time . 90% of shooters do it as a hobby 10% it's a job  .

Last edited by a moderator:
The best dtl score I ever saw was at the kriegof shoot a few years ago. A very well known dtl shooter of AA class England team etc etc missed his very first target this meant game over and he knew it. He went on to shoot 99 - 297 phenomenal shooting imo. I would not be able to get it put of my head. 

When I started in 86 scores of 300 were rare now they are expected in major comps. Are we going the same way as ATA? 

Some scores  now coming in from Nottingham us Welsh are going to need  more help than usual 

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone wants the full scores and team scores just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them on.

The quality of shooting was phenomenal, incredible scores. I wouldn't want to take on England this year if they can hold on to that form!

The quality of dtl shooters over the last twenty years has meant that you need 300 to get in a shoot off. To me the pressure of one second barrell and you may as well get your coat is phenomenal. I admire these shooters a great deal but wonder how the top lads doing 300 week in week out keep there interest and motivation.

No point as such just an observation to aid further discussion.
I think that DTL has always bern easy to shoot but hard to win. 

I seem to remember something about the angles being reduced at some point,. Not sure when or even if they actually were,  but it was in a time when I had a break from clay shooting. ( early 80s to late 90's). As I say this might be something that I was just told I just shot what came out of the trap and never thought about angles too much.  

One think that did change was the move to acoustic release rather than somebody buttoning the release which even with the best person doing it was at best erratic. 

If anyone wants the full scores and team scores just drop me a PM with your email address and I'll forward them on.

The quality of shooting was phenomenal, incredible scores. I wouldn't want to take on England this year if they can hold on to that form!
The quality of all the staff at N&DGC equalled that of the shooters  ;)

I think that DTL has always bern easy to shoot but hard to win. 

I seem to remember something about the angles being reduced at some point,. Not sure when or even if they actually were,  but it was in a time when I had a break from clay shooting. ( early 80s to late 90's). As I say this might be something that I was just told I just shot what came out of the trap and never thought about angles too much.  

One think that did change was the move to acoustic release rather than somebody buttoning the release which even with the best person doing it was at best erratic. 
I don't remember angles changing I think the 28g rule is the only thing ever to change.

Latest posts

Back