dt11 changes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nohoper

Hi all does anybody know if there are changes to stock dimensions since the first models were released .I cannot get an accurate answer from anyone so far cheers .

I don't know anything specific, but I did 'hear' the later DT11s were slimmed down generally following feedback the original ones were deemed a bit chunky.

Not terribly scientific, just what I heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen 3 different heights of standard stock on the DT11 sporter.

GMK in their usual stupidity seemed to have flooded the country with the lowest version tho and you have to look around to find one of the others.

The genius sales guy at GMK told me they were and only would be ordering the lowest comb height because... "Sporters are suppose to shoot flat aren't they" tw*t!!!

The genius sales guy at GMK told me they were and only would be ordering the lowest comb height because... "Sporters are suppose to shoot flat aren't they" tw*t!!!
I'm sure he was hired for his expertise.  Perhaps you should pay attention.  

Or maybe get a different gun.    :hunter:

You expect school boy errors like that from Blaser or Zoli but Beretta must have their heads in the clouds not to have realised low combs are old hat.

Agree with gee and James beretta have always had 3 different comb heights available but you have factory order any of the two that gmk do not import and they have always only stock ordered the low ones. My 10 is a factory ordered 28 - 38 trap the std gmk is 34 - 44 my gold was same factory order in 1994

so the answer is yes but you have to get gmk to order one in. If your a beretta shooter with a track record of buying beretta a word from your gun smith usually ensures good wood, expect up to 8 wks delivery from my experience.

Out of interest why is low comb for sporting now considered old hat ?

I thought you had to use a flat shooting gun for those coming towards and going sideways jobs ?

Thanks for the info Comb height is a personal preference depending on length of neck and cheek bone .I am more interested in the stock hand and radius the original was far to bulkly for my taste.Chippy it might be if I can find something to my taste if you had shot yours today you may have hit the ton well shot though kicked by butt well and truly.

Out of interest why is low comb for sporting now considered old hat ?

I thought you had to use a flat shooting gun for those coming towards and going sideways jobs ?
It always has been really, think back to the days when ESP was getting more serious and people started using Miroku Trap guns to good effect. It's like Schnabel fore ends, somebody woke up one day and thought I know, these look good on so called sporters, Skeet guns should have 28" barrels and we need chunky trap fore ends for Trap guns ! Even today sporters are typically designed with shnaebel fore ends despite the fact the majority of the top shots seem to prefer the fuller grips, very few use what would be considered a typically low comb either !

High combs don't in themselves make guns shoot higher anyway so having a better view of the targets with a Trappy set up is often much easier to live with compared to low combs that can encourage head lifting as well as restricting your view on a great many presentations. Teal are an excellent example where visual contact can be held for longer prior to brushing through and over before pulling the trigger, tower birds are another example where line isn't nearly so easily lost due to the view of the bird being blocked by a low comb.

Often when shooting rabbits I deliberately shoot low (to avoid missing over the top altogether) and this is definitely easier done whilst being able to view the clay which a low comb wouldn't accommodate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I must be odd ball I like a low comb, I like a sporter to shoot 50/50 so dead flat, but that's the way I''ve always liked it. It wants to shoot dead where I'm looking

I must be odd ball I like a low comb, I like a sporter to shoot 50/50 so dead flat, but that's the way I''ve always liked it. It wants to shoot dead where I'm looking
My 682e shows a lot of rib but shoots dead flat.

Hammy, I accept that an awful lot of people started using Trap guns for Sporting, BUT that is why there are so many 'sporterised' trap guns around, with their stocks  butchered.

Latest posts

Back