DT10 EELL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was a nit pick post about  "recoil is virtually none existent " simply put the very same can be said about any other gun of the same weight assuming the fit is good. If you will its as though you are attributing something to the DT10 EELL that can be had in any gun... even a cheap one! Some say the different dimensions of the action and the distribution of the mass through the gun will affect the recoil again I assume they mean what is felt the actual recoil energy will be the same. Anyway don't worry about it Ian we are saying the same things only I was merely having a shot at your Beretta :)  Have a good weekend shoot, I will I am shooting the league championship at Capvern this Sunday. I have to drive for about 1 and a half hours to arrive for 8.45 ish and am on the first squad at 9.00... weather forecast for thunderstorms all day... I'll have to get up half an hour before I go to bed :)  and I am not really on form at the moment mainly down to bad shooting conditions, I just don't seem to do well in bad light.

I really don't want to get involved in this but gun fit and gun mount are key to accommodating recoil.  Sian, you may have altered your gun mount by changing the conformation of your stock.  Higher combs bring the face further back on the gun and allow shorter stocks for me have it feel the same or better usually.  The shooter/gun combination has to be considered as a whole.

JMO of course   YMMV

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha Ha!  Recoil - Schmecoil!  If its shiny I'll buy it!!!!   :cool:

Actually, being serious here for a change......... when I do source a good gun it will be going to a good stocker to get a trap type stock in exhibition grade fitted to me!  Most Sporting guns knock me about, but fit a trap (Flat) stock on and I am good to go.  

if you get a trap stock it will be flat for a trap of that I can assure you, 34-44mm the wood on this quality of gun will be near as damn it exhibition grade. My point is that you may be happy with the gun fit off the shelf ?

Its listed as an SX4, its 121/2K with two sets of barrels.......     so not cheap, but not expensive for what it is.... :angel:

yes but Mr geordie has taste and specifically wants a eell

Good Afternoon all

So then here I am, having money to burn and want a shiny gun.  I am going to get a stock made to measure for my Mk38 trap gun, but I recently shot with my Brother and he has a beretta with DT10 Optioma Barrels and I was blown away with the kills he was getting from his Silver pigeon.  I recently shot a DT 10 (and shot rather well with it), but the sporter stock bumped me about a bit.  So I sit here now looking for a Beretta to add to my cupboard and am fancying a DT10 EELL 32".  I know I can get a stock made to measure for it for about £1000.

So then, loaded question......anybody got one and what are they like?  Are they any different to a Std DT10 (Which I like)?  I shoot Sporting Clays and the odd driven game day. I just want something shiny  :cool:

Cheers
actually if its for sporting and driven what about 687eell. I have one of those as well and its very very nice indeed. Mine is a diamond grade field 28" but pretty sure they do a longer barrell job. ?

if you get a trap stock it will be flat for a trap of that I can assure you, 34-44mm the wood on this quality of gun will be near as damn it exhibition grade. My point is that you may be happy with the gun fit off the shelf ?
Funny you should say that Ian I have been humming and hawing about a custom stoke for a while now, don't know why just seems like the right thing to do to improve my shooting. Last week I was out shooting and mentioned it to a very experience shooter/coach he looks at me and says mount your gun checks it over and says if you are going to get a stock made you should really go to Perazzi and have them do it they have a great choice of timber and will make an excellent stock for you within a day. He then says I very doubt if they make you one that fits you better than the one you have already it is perfect! I bought the gun second hand and never even really thought about the stock dimensions but as you say it fitted of the shelf as it were.... being Scottish you will of course know we are like a Yorkshireman with his sense of generosity removed and pockets sewn up :)  so I am now happy I don't need to part with any cash.

However to takes thing a bit further why is it that when shooters are prepared to part with sums in excess of £10k for a gun they are not treated to a stock service where they measure you and get the stock you require for the gun at the same cost? It does not cost them any more to make the stock anyway they are roughed out by CNC lathe/routers and it seems crazy to take a good bit of wood and make a stock from it to fit nobody in particular when it can be made to fit the customer. To be fair to Beretta they actually were offering that service down here last year if you bought a 692 or higher spec gun.

john

I must be Mr average as far as Beretta design team are concerned because I seem to fit every Beretta stock. If your comfortable and happy with your shooting I would stick with what you have as the quest for the magic stock is but a hunt for the holly grail ?

I think most manufacturers do offer a fitting service for high end guns but you have to ask and of course wait for it to be built.

I thought you had money to burn?!

Was going to suggest a Longthorne, around £18k, bespoke English sidelock.
I've shot a longthorne and very nice it was too!  Patterned very Tight with 3/4 but it wasn't obviously fitted to me so shot too flat.  Beautiful gun though.  The apprentice gunsmith brings them round to my club every few weeks so we can have a shot.  Good Triggers as well.  They will do anything you want on a gun as well so you can ask them for a Sporter or a High Rib Trap...whatever your beef is.

Regarding money to burn......I have a lovely pile of 'Keepy Backs' hidden away from her indoors.  She would notice £18k though!!!!.....even though I wear the troosaz in my hoose!!!!   :oops:

Latest posts

Back