double gunning

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A true pair of driven Grouse guns, with double or single NONE selective trigger in S x S format, would have tight choke/no choke in the No.1 gun, then no choke/tight choke in the No. 2 gun.  One out in front, one overhead, switch guns, one just behind and one going away (or a picker up, whichever came first  ! ).  Occasionally some of these pairs turn up for sale, but are usually high grade and thus high price !

ips,

Ignore this thread, if you are unable to cope with 2 triggers, then God help you with FOUR  !
There was a nice pair of McKay brown sold in the autumn auction, 36k..  imagine cost of a new pair from a good maker?!  I need aya centennary no 007 to compose a pair, I can see that carrying a premium with Bond nerds..

Last edited by a moderator:
1 hour ago, Jonny English said:

I'm no expert........but isn't that pretty F'ing dangerous? the two shooting from 1:15 at one point the loader almost stands up in front of a loaded gun

why he isn't standing behind the shooter is beyond me

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm no expert........but isn't that pretty F'ing dangerous? the two shooting from 1:15 at one point the loader almost stands up in front of a loaded gun

It can get quite exciting... #loaderslivesmatter ... can't see that catching on..

exactly what I thought, and saw.

looks chuffing exciting though, as gun or loader

There was a nice pair of McKay brown sold in the autumn auction, 36k..  imagine cost of a new pair from a good maker?!  I need aya centennary no 007 to compose a pair, I can see that carrying a premium with Bond nerds..
I would need BOTH Premium and Bond to come up trumps first  !

ruddy ell.

them grouse are shiffting. Picking one to shoot at must be hard enough. Dangerous for a loader too, have to be nimble on your feet.

keep your head down...INCOMING
The Guy with the S x S's could shoot a bit, BUT at no time did I see his loader in any danger, that is simply because BOTH knew exactly what they were doing,  and how !

Westley, interesting about the "true" grouse matched pair ?

it certainly is one fast game that's for sure and totally instinctive snap shooting. No way could you consciously consider lead or anything (Imo) just have to see it and shoot it.

Westley, interesting about the "true" grouse matched pair ?

it certainly is one fast game that's for sure and totally instinctive snap shooting. No way could you consciously consider lead or anything (Imo) just have to see it and shoot it.
Which is how I shoot everything, as a result I'm not a great clay shot ( can't do the repitition - would be good if it were single pair) but I do ok on food.  Possibly because eating it is part of my motivation!

have tried to find some more driven pheasant loading vids but not much luck, stuffing or double gunning, anyone got any links

that was brilliant ?

liked the king Edward pathe newsreal as well, apart from the ladies with long dresses and fox fur it looked like a typical day on the estate ?

The David Carrie clips are usually high pheasant and double gunning - Whitfield, Warter Priory , Mulgrave etc

he has the same chap loading for him and you can see they have a great understanding

Having only a single loader, two guns, is for the lower classes.  It was Walsingham I believe that led the way with three guns and two loaders.

I mean, if you're gonna do it you should do it proper

my 687 was a sleeper from a composed pair, I wish I had the other gun ?

You

The David Carrie clips are usually high pheasant and double gunning - Whitfield, Warter Priory , Mulgrave etc

he has the same chap loading for him and you can see they have a great understanding
you were right, just found this nice vid

Latest posts

Back