Don't upset the wife.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And where will all that end . . . . . . . . . IF . . . . . . . .

the wife doesn't like golf ?

the wife doesn't like fishing ?

the wife doesn't like . . . . . . well, you get the picture - absolute bloody kneejerk bollocks  :bb:

It does say that there has to be a history of domestic violence in which case they will make further enquiries.

One could certainly appeal if a wife was malicious about it

Lists of divorce solicitors are now to be supplied with all new/renewal application forms :punish:

When the FEO came round to see me (Dec last year) he told me that he normally likes to speak with the applicants wife (or husband) to make sure that they are happy with the prospect of guns in the house.

This came up after I'd told him, in conversation, that my wife had bought me some accessories (for shooting, calm down) for Xmas.  It was then that he told me about speaking the the spouse but was happy in my case as he assumed if my wife wasn't happy she wouldn't have bought me the bits for Xmas.

So the FEOs must have already been briefed on this.

Initially I thought this idea was idiotic, but  1 in 3 women killed by their partner in England and Wales is shot with a weapon that is legally owned. 64% of those incidences involved shotguns. (Source: http://www.infertrust.org/armed_domestic_violence.asp using date from 2000). I can see that speaking to a partner out of view of the applicant would give a chance to communicate fear without  being traceably responsible for the denial of an application.

I agree for a current partner I think it's fine. Recent partners might be a different issue though.

Ex partners are bound to make things difficult for you if they can. God knows what my 1st wife "Mrs nutter" would have said, she would have had a field day. Stupid stupid idea.

Will do.

Up to about 150 yrs ago it was legal for a man to beat his wife with a stick as long as it was not thicker than his thumb. :(

i dont condone the above of course :)

Ha.

The current Mrs ips would kill me if i even thought about it. Not that i would of course. Never struck a woman in my life but my god Mrs nutter tried her best :)

Up to about 150 yrs ago it was legal for a man to beat his wife with a stick as long as it was not thicker than his thumb

Hence where the saying 'rule of thumb' comes from.

We have the easy option - we both shoot, both have SGCs and both have a shared gun! (soon to be shared guns).

In all fairness, when the FEO did visit,although we were both in the room, he did want to speak to each of us individualy.

Probably to see if we each had our own genuine interest in owning a gun and shooting.

Won't help the genuine wife with a problem as she is likely to have a shotgun pointed at her whilst she signs the forms... it's a stupid idea. 

Wez.

It does say that there has to be a history of domestic violence in which case they will make further enquiries.

One could certainly appeal if a wife was malicious about it
Or if a husband was malicious.........just saying..!

Best give the Mrs a slap and tell her to keep her mouth shut then :D
Obviously not married are you........ :nurse:   :nurse:   :nurse:  

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back