Don't know what to do

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vulkan18th

What do you do, when you don't know what to do?

I was shooting today and doing pretty well, I came across one stand today where the wheels completely fell off. The bird was a L-R Crosser, fairly low to the ground, not moving particularly quickly and was quite far out to start with. 

I tried everything and couldn't hit, increased/decreased my lead numerous times. Tried shooting further under it etc. Once the shoot had finished I went back to the stand and had another 5 singles and only hit 1. 

In this scenario what can you actually do?

I am not experienced at sporting but I will offer this.

are you sure you changed your lead etc or thought you did but in reality carried on doing the same thing. This has happened to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally the bird is doing something your not seeing.......a change of break point can help. And as ips said sometimes we keep doing the same thing over and over. When changing lead pictures change by a yard not a foot.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sounds to me as tho you have picked the wrong hobby.

give up shooting

find something more suited to your skills and temperament

be happy

:poke:

Last time this happened to me I booked a lesson. Actually, that's my learning style. Find something I can't figure out and get someone to show me. 
I do normally shoot with my coach but I was solo today and it really stumped me. I'm sure he'd have some sage advice for me. He'd also have some stern words as to why I can kill 3 pairs on one stand, miss a pair and then kill the final pair ?

For a small fee I can produce you a branded target box of your choosing.... comes easy to assemble from flat pack....

Latest posts

Back