Decoking chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoR

Decoking my chokes what's the best method they are heavily blacked up

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it shift the black powder residue.........(I know millers would be easier to keep clean but I just been given a full set of another brand)

SoR,

For quickness and readily available, use a spray foam oven cleaner. Available from any Superstore.

Then when you have got the heavy crud off use Clenzoil.

Does it shift the black powder residue.........(I know millers would be easier to keep clean but I just been given a full set of another brand)
Yes it serperantly does !!

If they are stainless chuck em in a can of coke, never use on any other part of the gun though, it will even strip the black off your barrel !

Comp n chokes are they stainless? Hmm they were a freebie

An ultrasonic cleaning machine, a lot of the rifle reloading guys swear by them for cleaning their spent brass ready to reload. Lidl seem to be the shop of choice for them :)

Ok guys thanks for all the suggestions so growl I went with your idea and tried coke (cos we had some in)

atahytyp.jpg

It works but takes time

7a6uju9u.jpg

This is what they started off like

uhysyza3.jpg

Tried this off a mate and a bit of elbow

utypezeg.jpg

Ended up with this (the two on the left were cleaned with cola the other two with proper stuff my money would be on the cola if they were only lightly coked..... Hahaha get the pun ....coke...cola....

Latest posts

Back