CPSA solicitor advises to surrender certifcate voluntarily

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Sara, I don't think the forum is closed anymore as people (guests) appear watching on several threads....I think it is all dependant on where the post is put as to who can read it.

I think several of us will just have to agree to disagree on some of the points.

I have always hated the route of medical tagging and have been banging on about it and the dangers of it since 2008 ish....I think it is very bad for us.

I would think that a serious committed competition shot who cannot imagine ever giving up shooting........and who maybe having any sort of problem.....would not go anywhere near a doctor now. They most likely will cover it up or seek counsel of friends.....or go private without mentioning their hobby....and probably in another country (if they were bright enough to know they had issues).

Doctors are 'not' psychiatrists ....they have only basic tools in their box in this area........they could refer on......but should not be a 'part' of information to remove or suspend a licence IMHO.

Like all things in life ....there are doctors and there are doctors......some are competent and some are far from competent.....just like dentists...!!

There are also doctors who are shooters and like shooting.....and there are a great many who have the opposite idea and think that no one should have a gun.

Doctors are ordinary people and many of them have their own flaws.....so who monitors the Doctor's (and please don't say GMC... :wink: have you seen some of their panel members..... I have :laugh: ....!! Their decision making in regulatory work is interesting to say the least.

Nope....this is all getting out of control now...! We have a flawed society in many ways and on many levels...and you might just be unlucky enough to get dealt with by one of the flawed ones.....rather than the good ones.

But you all have to do what you all feel you have to do....and that is between you and your god.

(When the news unfolds on the Leeds killing.....it will be interesting reading...! Just showing that no one can predict or expect certain types of behaviour. Everyone has the potential to snap......except trap shooters of course because they have perfected the tranquil environment....and know how to relax and switch off.....just saying :wink: true story :wink: )

(If any of you had read the results of the profiling that we had done....just before the Cumbria killings.....you would be amazed.)

Last edited:
Hahaha....I am only writing what most people are seriously thinking.

'Boy I ain't going near a doctor'

.....just guessing...!

:laugh:

Yes we do...................... That's the point we are all capable of flipping given the right mixture of circumstances. Anyone who thinks they aren't are deluded and in denial......

The whole point of the liscencing process is to minimise this risk..... Otherwise there would be no need for renewals.....
Perhaps you missed this....

I'm not going to debate this continually,I have my views,you have yours. I'm not going to change my opinion,just as you aren't going to change yours...and rightly so! For that reason...I'm out

Have read this with great interest and have refrained from posting thus far for fear of abuse from usual suspects but sod it.

I agree with various views including much of what aspire has said.

It is a sad fact worth mentioning that many shooters would be to scared to mention to there gp anything even slightly related to feeling a bit down so could suffer unnecessarily. As was mentioned early on there are many scenarios in life were one could feel a little down but that does not mean you are a danger to yourself or others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an example of mental health issues.

Should this person have been allowed to own a gun?

Should the victims relatives have surrendered their SGC's or Firearms certificates?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/october/27/newsid_2478000/2478217.stm
Wasn't an SGC bought at the post office in 1978? No checks, no referee, no interview? Rather different to what we have now........
Worth reading for those interested in the topic http://m.pb.rcpsych.org/content/29/8/281.full

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back