CPSA REG SHOOT OR NOT

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich

When is a CPSA Reg shoot not a REG shoot ? .....the answer is when it is at the Oxfordshire Shooting School.  The shoot on the 25 th April was advertised as a Registered Shoot  but the Cpsa say it was not registered , so scores will not be going towards the averages.

In the reverse of this, there was an issue with the Southdown Grand Masters not being advertised as a Reg shoot.  A non-CPSA member entered, paid full price (assuming it was an open shoot) and then was excluded from the prizes despite getting a score high enough to win B class (he was in C last time he had CPSA membership).

In the reverse of this, there was an issue with the Southdown Grand Masters not being advertised as a Reg shoot.  A non-CPSA member entered, paid full price (assuming it was an open shoot) and then was excluded from the prizes despite getting a score high enough to win B class (he was in C last time he had CPSA membership).
He is also a Cpsa qualified instructor,his classification was 10 years ago and he has not been a member since and if he shot his average he would now be in A class where he would have won nothing.

As compensation for the mistake Greg offered him 2 free entries to comps which would have amounted to more than the lower class prizes even though there was no burden on him to do so.

Open shoots are far more unusual to see than Reg. shoots i for one presume unless there is the word open in large letters in the description presume otherwise ;)

As always presumption is the mother of all F*** ups!

When is a CPSA Reg shoot not a REG shoot ? .....the answer is when it is at the Oxfordshire Shooting School.  The shoot on the 25 th April was advertised as a Registered Shoot  but the Cpsa say it was not registered , so scores will not be going towards the averages.
I saw this advertised and my immediate reaction was ...is it? as i have never known them to run registered shoots.

Last edited by a moderator:
They ran a few Cpsa reg shoots last year I shot one and scores were put on the averages, they are advertising the next one on the 30th may. The Cpsa do nothing about a ground bringing shooters in believing it is a registered shoot  and did not return my phone contact on their answer phone. 

It’s not just a case of OSS just being slow sending scores?or because re classification is happening at the moment?🤔

No Matt I have been in contact with CPSA and they have confirmed that the Shoot was not a registered shoot. Shot at Churchills today  good shoot very busy and my felt wads broke the long birds no problem

This shoot, I believe never appeared in Pull nor on CPSA web as a registered fixture, if CPSA have advised you they were not informed prior to the shoot event that it was to be a reg shoot then they are surely correct in refusing to accept the scores this instance? 

This shoot, I believe never appeared in Pull nor on CPSA web as a registered fixture, if CPSA have advised you they were not informed prior to the shoot event that it was to be a reg shoot then they are surely correct in refusing to accept the scores this instance? 
Yes I agree it was not in pull or on CPSA web but clearly advertised on Oxfordshire shooting school website and later with scores listed with class places. guess it best to check before traveling to a shoot if you want to shoot registered targets 

Yes I agree it was not in pull or on CPSA web but clearly advertised on Oxfordshire shooting school website and later with scores listed with class places. guess it best to check before traveling to a shoot if you want to shoot registered targets 
Hope it hasnt put you off registered shoots, this is a very rare occourance

Seemed to take forever shooting 100reg with the muzzle loader in those days,could never remember which shot flask had my no 8s in.

When you look at May shoot the 25  Sportrap is reg but the Sporting is practise but agree at the top of their home page it reads as it both are registered.

View attachment 7140

That certainly reads to me like both the ESP and STR are registered events?
I looked online on the CPSA fixtures and it states for May that STP is registered and ESP is practise.  Maybe they think the CPSA have the information but something has gone wrong?  Worth them checking I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got phone call from shooting ground and they say it was a registered shoot and the scores will now be sent to CPSA to go into class / average data. they said it was an CPSA error and system failure.  sorted ???

Back