CPSA - Ref & Shoot Policy

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For safety's sake and avoidance of possible issues, Refs should ref and Shooters should shoot. Referees shooting at the end of the day could cause all sorts of potential issues and opportunities for complaints. Jury should contain Referees, Shooters and Officials and they should be on-site during the competition duration to ensure fair processing of protests and appeals. 

Best regards

Bob M

For safety's sake and avoidance of possible issues, Refs should ref and Shooters should shoot. Referees shooting at the end of the day could cause all sorts of potential issues and opportunities for complaints. Jury should contain Referees, Shooters and Officials and they should be on-site during the competition duration to ensure fair processing of protests and appeals. 

Best regards

Bob M
Trouble is most people who ref dont really do it for the money and in Skeet shooting most ref's are skeet shooters therefore when it's a big shoot (or more often any shoot ) understandably want to shoot themselves !! the only way to avoid this is to pay proper money so people actually want to do it for the money , downside of this is it would cost you more to shot a competition (which most will not be happy with) the other thing that happens is  refs from other disciplines are used and this normally leads many ,many times to disgruntled shooters complaining about the lack of knowledge of skeet rules / slow pulls ect. or the "if a clay is in the air its a target"  sporting mentality !!

I was reading the July Board minutes today and according to those minutes it has now been decided that referees in an event will not be allowed to take part.

Have any referees or grounds been notified of this decision? Does anyone know when it comes/came into effect? Does it only apply to skeet or will all disciplines have this rule applied? If the answer to that last question is all disciplines then what happens to ABT where shooters (not qualified refs) officiate?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I think it's a great decision. I wonder if the other association's will do the same ? Or will they have to do the same because they follow CPSA rules ?

I think it's a great decision. I wonder if the other association's will do the same ? Or will they have to do the same because they follow CPSA rules ?
Really?

So what happens when the very good referee's who shoot will not referee because they want to enter an event  - then us as shooters get stuck with people who don't know the rules, cannot do the job properly and the whole experience becomes a poor one.

NSSA skeet is looking a better option by the day - least they know how to do the job properly at grounds that care about the discipline. Already filled out my 2014 membership :) 

A decision has not yet been made.  I believe the Board will be discussing this in the near future.

Hi Miranda, I didn't think a decision had been made but this line is in the minutes indicating that it has.

"GW queried whether the recent decision taken in ESK with regard to referees not being able to shoot the event as a competition entry related to Major or Minor championships or all registered shoots."

theres a meeting before the agm at crick in northamton to decide, so if you have any input send it to the c p s a , then the rule will com in on the first of jan 2014  ok everybody

julesy would love to tell you but putting in the words of the ceo its confidential thats what i get every time i ask for info sorry

Paul Fallon, Kate Marsden and Colin Butler will all be there. I have passed in my thoughts/concerns. Thanks though Joe for the info.

Latest posts

Back