Congratulations to Richard Faulds - 2012 English Open Skeet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering when someone would mention him using Fitasc Supremes! Haha. I bet he didn't practice any skeet beforehand.

Perhaps Richard can give me a pointer on stand one, me smoke the going away of the pair and then me start staring at the stupid huge incomer scared to hit it as it's so close and always end up a yard in front :.: , serious question.
thats the only bird i have to shoot with left eye closed . i do the same on floaty close stuff in sporting and on rabbits.

Well done Richard, good shooting and always good to see a sporting shooter doing well elsewhere!

Where do you draw the line at "professiona"? Unless you make every one who shoots the English open shoot the same number of shells per year, and invest the same amount of time and money in it, there will always be someone "more professional" than you. I think it's good as it is- best man on the day wins. And there are plenty of times the sporting British/English/classic has been won by someone who just goes out at the weekend and works outside the industry durin the week. There are 20 odd guys now who can turn up and win anything, "pro" or not.

I agree, in most other disciplines GB shooters turn up to the bigger events. At the end of the day they are "Open" the clue is in the name. The other 3 shooters in the shoot off were all England Team shooters and there were many shooters that shot over the 3 days more than capable of putting a ton in but failed to do so. Richard entered and was the best on the day end of story, I bet nobody else was shooting FullFull!!

Hamster, the L1 incomer on the pair needs very little; if any lead, maximum 6-8" just see the smallest gap and pull the trigger. I miss plenty of others but can't remember the last time I missed a L1 S or on the pair. It's probably and alien concept as you are a top drawer sporting shot in the same way that 16-20ft of lead was alien to me for distant sporting birds ;)

Cheers,

Jon.

You are right John. In ESP, it can feel quite uncomfortable shooting AT something. The skeet bird you mention, I see just the front edge on; else I miss in front..

CSC3

Shoot behind it........shoot behind it.........cor, is nobody listening??????

Hamster, you mentioned ' smoking ' high 1, perhap's there lies the answer to your problem. More questions need answer's for this one.

Take a pill for a headache, but when it's recurrent, look for the cause

After reading this thread I have to say how disgusted I am that Richard Faulds was allowed to compete.

He cheated by using full chokes, using a gun he hasn't even paid for, using cartridges with shot that was far too big for skeet, probably practiced at a shooting ground that he owns, shooting at clays that his customers have paid for, or God forbid he practiced on pickups. Then to cap it all he has an absolutely wonderful, beautiful wife and son, who encourage him to shoot instead of nagging him for going out all the time.

I think it is a disgrace.

My friend Dave Beardsmore is miserable on a good day, he will be unbearable now.

For those who do not know Sloppy..........he is being amuuussssooonnn!!

I have shot skeet for many years and have never heard of this R Faulds chap.he must be new to skeet if he used full and full choke with 6.5shot.my advice to him would be to visit a good coach who will show him the benefit of cylinder choke and 9 shot cartridges.

chippy

I have shot skeet for many years and have never heard of this R Faulds chap.he must be new to skeet if he used full and full choke with 6.5shot.my advice to him would be to visit a good coach who will show him the benefit of cylinder choke and 9 shot cartridges.

chippy
P. M. S. L.

You are funny.........yeap .......you are very funny (shesayswipingupthewhiskyshejustspatoutinaninvoluntaryaction)

It was a great event at the English Open at Dartford, and personally I think it is good for our high profile shooters to attend these "open" events. It was a joy to watch Richard shoot the event and although his win may have caused a little tinge of annoyance (interpret - jealousy) to some of those dedicated to the discipline, to me the answer is simple . . . . . . . . . . shoot better !!!

In fact the general scores at the event were on average slightly lower than expected across the board, so in fact the four "maximums" that came in were particularly impressive. However, with regards the full/full comment, I have to say I was told he was shooting quarter/quarter. Not that it matters, it was still bloody good shooting.

As for me . . . . . . oh well . . . . . . . better luck next time :p

Well said Malc.

At last a true sportsman like response from the skeet community.

Thank you. xx

If that's Tricky Dicky on the Forum headline page he's now shooting right handed. Maybe that's why he's so good.

It is not - it is my generic skeet banner which I have permission to use... I need to get a picture of Faulds for the Olympics.

Back